cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Connection 7 and Digital Networking

lfulgenzi
Level 7
Level 7

I'm wondering if anyone can help with regards to the requirements of digital networking with Unity Connection 7.

It seems like it's very similar to Unity digital networking in that you can not have duplicate userIDs.

With Unity, however, I could use the same userID to access SA pages on another server and modify attributes.

This doesn't seem possible with Unity Connection.

Am I missing something, or is it by design that there will be different admin accounts on each system (if LDAP sync'ed) or the same userID via local accounts. From what I gather local accounts are not replicated.

If I have someone who needs to access the greetings administrator on both servers, they will have to have two separate voicemail accounts. They can be the same extension, however, they'd have to be in different partitions, and they'd have to be different userIDs.

1 Reply 1

lfulgenzi
Level 7
Level 7

Thought I'd follow up with our findings:

-even with replication, you can have the same imported alias appear on both systems, it's not an issue

-it seems that only a few objects are identified by the system as which host they belong to and even then, only if the alias is the exact same, and even then, not always in the same spot/column.

For example, for partitions and calling search spaces, if the names are the same, you get the server name in brackets in the first (and only) column, Name. For distribution lists, you get the server name in brackets in the second column, Display Name. For users, you get no indication of which server they are on from the listing. You have to click on it to see that you can not edit the user to figure out that it's on a remote server.

All in all, good news that we can have duplicate userIDs for administration.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: