Views
Helpful
Replies

L2L VPN

patricia20
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have configured a L2L VPN on two Cisco 1800 routers. When we try a ping test, I can only see an increment on the #pkts encaps (0 for #pkts decaps) on one end and only #pkts decaps (no #pkts encaps) on the other end. I've checked the sa lifetime and they're the same. Would you know other reasons why this is happening?

Thanks,

Patricia

4 Replies 4

patricia20
Level 1
Level 1

I've seen my error, there are no hits on the no nat ACL. I have created a route-map and defined it on the interface.

auraza
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Please make sure the routing is configured correctly on the end that is seeing the decaps. It seems that the packets are getting to that site, but the host that you are trying to reach doesn't know how to get back to the source, through the router with the tunnel.

Thanks for the reply. Looks like the IPs are not being exempted from NAT when I checked the hits from the ACLs. No hits were shown on the NAT exempt ACL. This was resolved when I created a route-map where I matched the "no nat" (deny) and "nat ips" (permit) ACLs then defined this route-map on the interface.

Makes sense. That is normally the other cause of it not working, if routing is configured correctly.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: