Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Sup1A-2GE on 6509 with 3000 Watts Power Supply not powering on other Module

Hi,

I am having a SUP1A-2GE card installed on a 6509 chassis with 2 no of 3000 Watts Power Supply, but when i power it on, The Sup comes up but the Power Management Led starts to glow in Red and the other Modules WS-X6248-RJ-45 are not powering on.

I have attached the logs of the same.

Kindly help on this

4 Replies 4

Giuseppe Larosa
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello Ravi,

it looks like the module are not recognized or supported by this supervisor

see

Console> (enable) show module Mod Model Sub Status

--- ---- ----- ------------------------- ------------------- --- --------

1 1 2 1000BaseX Supervisor WS-X6K-SUP1A-2GE yes ok

15 1 1 Multilayer Switch Feature WS-F6K-MSFC no ok

3 3 Unknown Card power-deny

4 4 Unknown Card power-deny

5 5 Unknown Card power-deny

9 9 Unknown Card power-deny

Hope to help

Giuseppe

That's right.

You need to upgrade your sup.

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

WS-X6248-RJ-45 is for the Sup2 engine (hence the "2" in the WS-Xn2nn-RJ-45). Is this a new purchase? If so, please contact your auhtorized Cisco reseller/vendor and see if you can come to an exchange agreement.

Hope this helps.

Bobby Thekkekandam
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

It's not necessary to upgrade your supervisor to get this up and running. The problem is that the WS-CAC-3000W Power supply is not supported in 6.x CatOS software. The minimum CatOS to run this power supply is 7.5(1).

Your supervisor only has 64MB of DRAM, so while you can upgrade to 7.5(1), you can't go much higher than that. Check the DRAM requirements in the same document:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/catalyst6500/catos/7.x/release/notes/OL_1982.html

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card