Views
Helpful
Replies

ASDM Login

soumik1979
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All

We are having an ASA 5510 in routed mode.Now I can telnet the ASA.But when I log on by Cisco ASDM launcher and try to check the configuration, it is saying"ASDM is unabale to load the configuarion ,please check your configuration and connectivity".Please advice ..

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

In ASDM, clear ASDM cache and internal log buffer (nothing to do with firewall config or logs) and then select refresh ASDM with the running configuration on the device option. all these options are there in the file menu of ASDM.

This will help you to run ASDM in all the JAVA versions. You might not want to change the JAVA version just for one application, other apps may want to use the latest one.

If you still face issues,

1) Find the asdm-launcher.config file (C:\Program Files\Cisco Systems\ASDM\asdm-launcher.config)

2) Right click, choose properties and remove the 'read only' check

3) Open the file and add the following line:

javapath c:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_07\bin\client\jvm.dll

4) Save the file and replace the read only check

Kindly let me know if this works for you.

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Can you post the exact error. It may issue with your JAVA. Is it opening in your browser.

If not opening, issue the command

http server enable

http inside

if still issues, can you check the IOS and asdm version.

Cisco Adaptive Security Appliance Software Version 7.0(4)

Device Manager Version 5.0(4)

Cisco ASDM launcher V.1.2(1)

Giving all the version details

Do you have a firewall application installed in your host machine? What browser are you using? What is the Java version?

upgrade your asdm file on asa

In ASDM, clear ASDM cache and internal log buffer (nothing to do with firewall config or logs) and then select refresh ASDM with the running configuration on the device option. all these options are there in the file menu of ASDM.

This will help you to run ASDM in all the JAVA versions. You might not want to change the JAVA version just for one application, other apps may want to use the latest one.

If you still face issues,

1) Find the asdm-launcher.config file (C:\Program Files\Cisco Systems\ASDM\asdm-launcher.config)

2) Right click, choose properties and remove the 'read only' check

3) Open the file and add the following line:

javapath c:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_07\bin\client\jvm.dll

4) Save the file and replace the read only check

Kindly let me know if this works for you.

Problem solved .This works.Now I can see the configurations and check everything.Thank you for the solution...

Arvind now everything is fine as per your solution. Thank you for your responce..

Helped me too.. upgraded asdm but forgot to issue the http enable.. sheeh. Thanks!!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card