Views
Helpful
Replies

ITS Pantel doorphone with FXS disconnects after pickup

jeroenhermans
Level 5
Level 5

Hi,

I've got a 2811 with a VIC2-2FXS card. 1 port is connected to a ITS Pantel 1 button doorphone.

The doorphone is programmed to dial a 4 digit extension.

The router has a voip dialpeer to point to the callmanager (version 7).

The ipphone rings but as soon as the call is answered, the call is disconnected.

If I connect a normal analog line to the same FXS port, and dial the 4 digit extension everything is working fine.

An incoming call to the doorphone is also working fine. The doorphone automatically picks up

and the call is established.

When I use a ATA, all is working fine as well.

Any idea on how to solve this? WHich debug commands can I run to try and determine the cause?

Thanks in advance,

Jeroen

7 Replies 7

Hi Jeroen,

There are a few things to try:

1) Maybe it's a DTMF issue. Try configuring a PLAR CSS/partition for the number the phone is programmed for, and let the DTMF digits do nothing.

2) Maybe the phone doesn't like something the router is sending. Try 'no caller-id enable' and 'no battery-reversal' and shut/no shut the port.

hth,

nick

Hi,

Thanks for your fast reply.

I have tried connection plar with my 4 digit number and removed the programming on the doorphone so it is not sending anything. The exact same thing is happening then. -> the ipphone rings, but call is disconnected if I pick up.

I will give your option 2 a try and let you know the result.

Thanks,

Jeroen

Hi,

I finally got round to testing option 2, it is giving the exact same issue.

ANy other ideas?

Thanks,

Jeroen

If you've confirmed that it's not DTMF or battery reversal/caller-id, you may want to open a tac case on this.

Very hard to say by speculation.

-nick

Hi,

If I configure the port via mgcp (POTS), the first call does not disconnect. The second call I try just gives me dial tone, but nothing happens.

It is only when I configure it via h323 that I have the disconnect issue.

How can I configure the port via h323 so that it has the same config it would have as when I use mgcp?

Thanks,

Jeroen

Hi,

I managed to resolve the issue by adding the command no battery-reversal to the voice-port

Kind Regards,

Jeroen

Hi Jeroen,

Excellent! There are tons of issues solved by turning that command off. Glad I could help.

-nick

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: