cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Webview reports

lkinchen
Level 1
Level 1

I have a user that is trying to schedule reports in webview and have them to automatically print to the network printer. the problem is we received an error about her not being an administrator on her machine. My question is there a way around scheduling her report to print without making her an administrator onto her local machine?

BTW..the webview server is not on the domain there for it cannot connect to this printer.

5 Replies 5

joesnyde
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Linda

The install guide page 11-15 goes over the requirements for schedule reports to run sucessfully. I have included the 7.0 version for reference

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/enterprise_reporting/reporting7_0/installation/guide/wv75insg.pdf

It does not mention that a user has to be a local admin on the box. However a minimuum Local rights need to be configured per the documentation.

Why is the Webview server not on the domain? Is this server seperate from the AW?

Joe

kre8or2007
Level 1
Level 1

I have this working on our installation anyway, the report actually prints from the PC, so it probably saves it somewhere temporarily. does the user have rights to save this file? I am assuming the user has rights to print.

yes you are correct. the user does have access to print. I have to get management approval to give her access to the local security policies as stated in the document you sent to me. btw..great information.

I followed the instructions on the document and the user is still receiving the same error about not having admin privileges. any other suggestions.

Linda

Did some more digging and found that it may be necessary for the user to have admin rights on the local machine, see Bug ID CSCgt08958. Not sure what version you are and this bug is an enhancement. I do know in older versions, before ICM7, that it was required to be a local admin and it was documented. See beginning of Chapter 5

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/enterprise_reporting/reporting5_0/user/guide/WebView_User_Guide_50.pdf

If policy dictates that the user is not to have local admin rights you may have your hands full. Check what the BU stated

"Because of the privileged nature of Job Scheduler, in order to use it the logged in user must be a member of the local administrators group. However, I believe that Deny security rights take precedence over Allow in Windows. You could create a local group for WebView

users (e.g. LocalWebViewUsers) and add the user to that group. Note that the user that you add to the group is the username that is logged into Windows, not the one logged into WebView. You could then add the LocalWebViewUsers group to the Local Administrators

group. After that, you could explicitly deny the LocalWebViewUsers group access to any files and folders that the customers feel that webview users shouldn't have access to. We don't currently have a formal description of which files/folders/programs that the

LocalWebViewUsers group needs access to, so you should probably start by adding the LocalWebViewUsers group to the administrative group, make sure that job scheduler works, and then steadily lock down the system, checking after each iterative lock down that Job

Scheduler still works. Hopefully we will have a formal document describing what must be left open in the near future" NONE THAT I COULD FIND

And

"The main reason that job scheduler requires local admin membership is because the file thescheduler.dll, which is used to create the scheduled job, uses the Windows Network Management library function NetScheduleJobAdd(). The security permissions of this

function require that the user be in the local administrators group. If they need job scheduler to work without requiring local administrator privileges, then they will need to

file an enhancement request. Note: This is not a bug. This is the way that the product was designed and the way that it is correctly documented to work."

Joe

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: