AP groups with HREAP?

Answered Question
Feb 25th, 2009

Hi,

I have an idea in my mind, but I'm not sure if it's possible!

I have 2 WLANs - "private" and "public". These are working fine at the central site, where the WLC is housed (4402, ver 5.0). I would like to get the APs from the branch offices on the WLC using HREAP (centralised auth, local taffic). I would like them to use the existing WLAN/SSIDs but mapping them to their own VLANs.

I think the way to do this would be to configure AP groups, and then add interface mappings for the WLAN SSID to management???? I know AP groups work for local APs where there's an actual interface defined, but I'm not sure how this works with HREAP.

I've looked at HREAP groups, but this doesn't appear to have the functionality that I'm after.

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks,

J

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Correct Answer by l.mourits about 7 years 9 months ago

J,

You can do this on the LAP from the WLC management GUI, by browsing to the AP, then click in the HREAP tab, enable the checkmark vlan support, then click the button vlan mapings, and change the vlan mappings for each SSID.

No need for Ap groups or HREAP groups.

Hope this helps,

Leo

Overall Rating: 4 (2 ratings)
Correct Answer
l.mourits Wed, 02/25/2009 - 07:41

J,

You can do this on the LAP from the WLC management GUI, by browsing to the AP, then click in the HREAP tab, enable the checkmark vlan support, then click the button vlan mapings, and change the vlan mappings for each SSID.

No need for Ap groups or HREAP groups.

Hope this helps,

Leo

Leo Laohoo Fri, 02/27/2009 - 18:19

Done this already on my setup. Works great. Reloaded the WLC to upgraded the bootstrap firmware at 11am on a busy day and no one even knew what hit `em. People were still using the Wireless VoIP without any disruption. :)

l.mourits Tue, 03/03/2009 - 08:06

Thanks for the feedback and rating jigsaw. I'm glad it resolved your challenge ;-)

Leo

Actions

This Discussion

Trending Topics - Security & Network