need your kind help ?!

Unanswered Question
Feb 25th, 2009
User Badges:

hi there,,

I am a communication engineer i realy need you kind help?!!in my orgnaization around 160 employees and we are going to move to a new building & i am planning for ip telephony system please provide me what kind hardware & software i need to build my cisco ip telephony, i have tow cisco router 1700 & 1800 will this compatible for ip telephony ? plz help me with your kind advice ..

Thank you ..

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Hythim Ali El Hadad Wed, 02/25/2009 - 08:33
User Badges:
  • Silver, 250 points or more

Hi Khalil,

You will need to a have the following:

1- 3560-48-POE

this will be the access switches which will power your IP phones and connect your LAN,

You can connect then your PCs behind the IP phones which hace a port to the switch and another to the PC

Each switch is 48 port

So consider your needs.

2- Call manager

You can check on cisco which version will fit you needs

you can check this link

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/tsd_products_support_series_home.html

3- also it is better to have a 2821 router to act as your gateway

IT will support you having E1 to pstn and FXOs and FXSs and a unity express if needed

the ability to add PVDMs

It is the best one for this solution

For your 2-routers, please specify the exact models of them

Wish this be helpful :)

khalil-zadjali Fri, 02/27/2009 - 22:43
User Badges:

Thank you mr.haythem for your value information, but still some gaps need to be covered..i well expaline more :

i having my network LAN what extra devices i need to have ip telephony,my router 1700 series.if possible plz draw a diagram for devices that i need connected to each other..i realy Appreciated your kind help.

Thank you ,,,

Nicholas Matthews Wed, 02/25/2009 - 09:48
User Badges:
  • Red, 2250 points or more

Hi Khalil,

You have three options for call control:

You could get a 3845 and support up to 250 users. The 1800 will not support anywhere near as many people as you need for CME. You could squeeze into a 3825 CME, as it supports up to 175 users.

You could get CUCMBE, this is CUCM/unity connection in one box.

You could buy a full CUCM cluster, along with Unity. (this is probably too large for 160 users)

For hardware you will need a voice gateway with a PRI. This means you will probably need at least 1-2 PVDM2-64 for DSPs, you may want a VIC-2FXO for 911 emergency access, and probably a VWIC-2MFT-T1 for a T1 access. You could put this into your 1800 or 1700 as long as they are a voice capable router (1861 and 1760-V).

You would need to look into something like a 2811 with a NME-CUE.

As well, you would need to get the IP phones, PoE capable switches, and the licensing for all the above.

I would contact a local sales contact, and they will be able to give you the full information on all of this.

Actions

This Discussion