Views
Helpful
Replies

need your kind help ?!

khalil-zadjali
Level 1
Level 1

hi there,,

I am a communication engineer i realy need you kind help?!!in my orgnaization around 160 employees and we are going to move to a new building & i am planning for ip telephony system please provide me what kind hardware & software i need to build my cisco ip telephony, i have tow cisco router 1700 & 1800 will this compatible for ip telephony ? plz help me with your kind advice ..

Thank you ..

3 Replies 3

Hi Khalil,

You will need to a have the following:

1- 3560-48-POE

this will be the access switches which will power your IP phones and connect your LAN,

You can connect then your PCs behind the IP phones which hace a port to the switch and another to the PC

Each switch is 48 port

So consider your needs.

2- Call manager

You can check on cisco which version will fit you needs

you can check this link

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/tsd_products_support_series_home.html

3- also it is better to have a 2821 router to act as your gateway

IT will support you having E1 to pstn and FXOs and FXSs and a unity express if needed

the ability to add PVDMs

It is the best one for this solution

For your 2-routers, please specify the exact models of them

Wish this be helpful :)

Thank you mr.haythem for your value information, but still some gaps need to be covered..i well expaline more :

i having my network LAN what extra devices i need to have ip telephony,my router 1700 series.if possible plz draw a diagram for devices that i need connected to each other..i realy Appreciated your kind help.

Thank you ,,,

Hi Khalil,

You have three options for call control:

You could get a 3845 and support up to 250 users. The 1800 will not support anywhere near as many people as you need for CME. You could squeeze into a 3825 CME, as it supports up to 175 users.

You could get CUCMBE, this is CUCM/unity connection in one box.

You could buy a full CUCM cluster, along with Unity. (this is probably too large for 160 users)

For hardware you will need a voice gateway with a PRI. This means you will probably need at least 1-2 PVDM2-64 for DSPs, you may want a VIC-2FXO for 911 emergency access, and probably a VWIC-2MFT-T1 for a T1 access. You could put this into your 1800 or 1700 as long as they are a voice capable router (1861 and 1760-V).

You would need to look into something like a 2811 with a NME-CUE.

As well, you would need to get the IP phones, PoE capable switches, and the licensing for all the above.

I would contact a local sales contact, and they will be able to give you the full information on all of this.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: