SIP trunk problem

Unanswered Question
Feb 25th, 2009
User Badges:

Hello,

I have got to establish a SIP trunk between ccm6.0.1 and some Patton SN4960. My problem is my trunk is functionning in a single direction. Meaning when i call an ip phone registred with the patton gateway it works fine but when ip phone registred with the patton gateway tries to place a call to an ip phone registred with my ccm it doesn't work. when i tried to troubleshoot the problem I noticed that the trunk was up in both directions but i 've got a very strange error which is /SIP/2.0 404 not found when the patton tries to place a call. I am wondering if there is something wrong with my ccm kinda it is not able to terminate sip connections.

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Nicholas Matthews Wed, 02/25/2009 - 09:42
User Badges:
  • Red, 2250 points or more

Generally it is much harder to place a call into CUCM than it is to place a call out from CUCM.

Things you need to check:

1) If any authentication is configured on the SIP profile. You will see 403 Not Authorized in this case.

2) The IP address configured on the SIP trunk is the IP address SIP messages are received from. It's very possible the device has more than one IP address, and you have asymmetric routing.

3) Calling search space of the gateway does not include the number you're dialing. You may want to check the significant digits on the trunk as well as the partitions of any translation patterns or the partition of the number you're dialing.

hth,

nick

Actions

This Discussion