cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Basic Unity setup questions

rfrost2006
Level 1
Level 1

We want to the achieve the following goals. We have CCM 4.1, CCM 5.1, CCM 6.1 and CUCME 4.0. There are 3-4 users on each of these pbxs. Our end goal is to get these users voicemail feature. So we bought Cisco Unity server. Then I downloaded 5.0.1a software, service pack dvd and licenses. We even got the Cisco Data Store 2000 cd since it has SQL DB. We were thinking that we dont need any kind of email server (like exchange or lotus). But looks like we need one of them. is that true? We really dont need a full unified setup, all we need is just voicemail accounts using Unity. Can someone please help us out here? BTW, we have a lab environment where we test different PBXs with SIP and H323 trunks.

Thanks.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

It should have come with the package if you ordered voice mail only. It's labeled "Message Store" on the CD.

Brad

View solution in original post

If you ordered the Unity software from Cisco, it comes bundled with Exchange and SQL. It all depends on what you ordered though.

If you ordered VM only, it should have shipped with the "Message Store" dvd, which is Exchange 2003. The "Data Store" is SQL 2000 (SP4).

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You still need to load Exchange 2003 the "Message Store" Unity will not work without Exchange or Notes. You can use a single server and load unity/sql/exchange all on one box, then integrate each CM to the Unity server.

So now i need to contact microsoft to get the Exchange, right? Or is this available with Unity install DVDs? Please let me know.

It should have come with the package if you ordered voice mail only. It's labeled "Message Store" on the CD.

Brad

If you ordered the Unity software from Cisco, it comes bundled with Exchange and SQL. It all depends on what you ordered though.

If you ordered VM only, it should have shipped with the "Message Store" dvd, which is Exchange 2003. The "Data Store" is SQL 2000 (SP4).

I just checked the PO and it seems we ordered the whole package. But we didnt receive Exchange kit.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: