Views
Helpful
Replies

ISDN 0x829A - Non-selected user clearing

oszkari
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

Suddenly our incomming ISDN calls stopped to work. In the caller side I can hear a long ringtone and after a while I receive a busy signal; on the called side nothing happens(no ringing)

I attached the debug output (q921,q931) can anyoane help me with an idea what is happening?

As I saw the voice gateway is disconnected by the telco, I looked after the cause code 0x829A but it's not realy clear for me the meaning of the: The destination is able to accept the call. However, the destination rejects the call because the call is not assigned to a user.

Thanks,

Oszkar

9 Replies 9

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi, can you configure "isdn tei-negotiation preserve" then reboot the router ?

0x829A is not an error in itself, it's just a message used to tell to all devices on the S/T bus that one call has ended, your router recieves because there is some mess going on with TEIs.

Hi,

I added and rebooted but the situation is the same.

Here is the current bri config:

interface BRI0/3/1

no ip address

isdn switch-type basic-net3

isdn overlap-receiving

isdn tei-negotiation first-call

isdn tei-negotiation preserve

isdn point-to-point-setup

isdn incoming-voice voice

isdn sending-complete

end

Regards,

Oszkar

Can you remove 'isdn tei-negotiation first-call' and try again, take another trace ? In your previous trace, the calling number is given twice, very strange.

Hi Paolo

Here is the current config and the debug output is attached.

interface BRI0/3/1

no ip address

isdn switch-type basic-net3

isdn overlap-receiving

isdn tei-negotiation preserve

isdn point-to-point-setup

isdn incoming-voice voice

isdn sending-complete

end

What is on the other side of the BRI?

The description for this disconnect cause they're sending is this:

The destination is capable of accepting the call but rejected the call

because it was not assigned to the user.

Sounds like a configuration issue on the other side of the BRI.

-nick

On the other side is the Telco...

I cannot make much sense of this.

I only see a normal disconnect, but:

- switch tries to talk to multiple TEIs that should not be there.

- calling number is duplicated, never seen that happen.

I suggest you disconnect the NT phisically from the pair and leave it as that for 5 mins, if that's not enough please log a fault with telco.

I disconnected the NT and tested again after 10 min but the situation it's the same.

I will contact the telco..

Thanks for the effort!

Oszkar

router <--- setup                (Telecom)
          ---> call proceeding
          ---> alerting
          ---> connect
          <--- release (829A Non-selected user clearing)

5.2.9 Non-selected user clearing
In addition to sending the CONNECT ACKNOWLEDGE message to the user selected for the call,
the network shall send RELEASE message [as described in 5.3.2 b)] to all other users at the interface
that have sent SETUP ACKNOWLEDGE, CALL PROCEEDING, ALERTING or CONNECT
messages in response to the SETUP message. These RELEASE messages are used to notify the users
that the call is no longer offered to them. The procedures described in 5.3.4 are then followed. Any
user which having previously sent a CONNECT message and started timer T313, and which
subsequently receives a RELEASE message, shall stop timer T313 and follow the procedures
of 5.3.4.

5.3.2 Exception conditions
Under normal conditions, call clearing is usually initiated when the user or the network sends a
DISCONNECT message and follows the procedures defined in 5.3.3 and 5.3.4 respectively. The only
exceptions to the above rule are as follows:

b) In the case of a multipoint terminal configuration, non-selected user call clearing will be
initiated with RELEASE message(s) from the network (see 5.2.9). The RELEASE message
shall contain cause No. 26, non-selected user clearing.

In my case the BRI was configured as multipoint and the voice BRI as point to point this is the issues.

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: