cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Anyconnect Vista install error

r.lusignan
Level 1
Level 1

I've tried to avoid Vista, but unfortunately I have a couple customers using it. I get two errors when trying to install the Anyconnect client when they access the SSL vpn site.

"The VPN Client agent was unable to create the interprocess communication depot"

Service 'Cisco Anyconnect VPN Agent' (vpnagent) failed to start. Verify you have sufficient priviliges to start system services.

User is logged in as local admin, I'm 99% sure it's Vista permissions, but I can't dig up anything that confirms this.

has anyone else seen this issue?

4 Replies 4

auraza
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Make sure user is logged in as admin, UAC is disabled, the site you are going to is listed as a Trusted Site under IE.

susanPACS
Level 1
Level 1

Were you able to find a solution for this issue? I have the same error and attempted the suggestions listed here, but that did not correct the problem.

I had the same error message. When I stopped the Internet Connection Sharing service I was able to install/connect with the AnyConnect client.

Hi thanks your solution solved also my problem!

Greets

Alex

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: