cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SNMP Monitoring VPN 3000

Jesusvallina
Level 1
Level 1

I'm monitoring a set of 3060 concentrators using SNMP but all I'm getting is bandwidth. I would like to know if I can get more information from it like CPU, Load and what ever else I can get from it? What application do you think I would be able to get more information from it.

Thanks in advanced.

6 Replies 6

owillins
Level 6
Level 6

The Monitoring screen opens when you click Monitoring in the Concentrator Manager table of contents. This section of the Manager lets you view VPN Concentrator status, sessions, statistics, and event logs.

Thanks for the comment, but that is not what I'm looking for. I'm using SNMP to monitor the device but all I can get is bandwidth, I would like to know what other type of information I can get using SNMP and what application you recommend for me to use. I also can not find the MIBS to download and add to SolarWinds Orion.

Thanks for your help.

Ruben,

Is that you?? It's Javier. It's so funny that I saw our post for the concentrators we worked on because I was searching for the same MIB information and I came across your post. If I find it first I will let you know.

Javier

Ruben,

The MIBs for the concentrator is here:

http://www.cisco.com/public/sw-center/netmgmt/cmtk/mibs.shtml . The link takes you to the page where you can get to all the Cisco MIBs. I found the OIDs that I wanted to monitor which were the following:

.1.3.6.1.4.1.3076.2.1.2.17.1.6.0 - Peak VPN Users

.1.3.6.1.4.1.3076.2.1.2.17.1.9.0 - Active Sessions

What you probably want to see as well is active Site-To-Site, you can use this OID:

.1.3.6.1.4.1.3076.2.1.2.17.1.7.0 - Active L2L Sessions

In order to find the OIDs, use the GetIF utility and download the MIB package they have. It is a large zip file and contains all these MIBs too. Use the MIB walker and go down the tree to .iso.org.dod.internet.private.enterprises.altigaRoot.altigaGeneric.altigaMib

Javier

I"m not sure how to do this, but I'm going to give it a try. We are using Orion now to monitor the concentrators.

Yes it is. How are things? I have downloaded a few MIBs for it but I have yet to try it. I have converted the concentrators to end user VPN's using IPSec and offering WEBSSL connection authenticating to an A10 Box that is tied to AD. So far it's working nice. We may end up with 3 or 4 thousand users.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: