cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How does RME 4.0.6 pull a config from an ASA5550?

philip.r.hayes
Level 1
Level 1

I'm having difficulty pulling configs from our ASA's. I teamed up with an engineer to figure out why and he came up with:

"...the issue is someone has placed a “tftp-server” command in the config. This commands allows people to do a “wr net” and it will then take the parameter from the tftp-server command and inputs it into the “wr net”. Setting the IP address and directory\file_name.

You can only have one “tftp-server” so when you attempt to sent the config to another ip address by doing a “wr net ip_addr:filename, it concatenates with the “tftp-server” command. Creating a bogus location. If there were no “tftp-server” command it would allow a command line input and thus allow multiple locations. But would eliminate the use of only a “wr net”.

I don't think there is a way to over ride the “tftp-server” command, other than remove it..."

I can see where this makes sense so is it the only option? RME has ssh access so how does it use that access? Does it log in and do a "wr net"?

1 Reply 1

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

RME will log into the ASA with SSH, and issue a show running command. It will then scrape the screen to get the config.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: