Views
Helpful
Replies

7606 Fiber connection question

willemvwyk
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

I have a Fiber link in place and would like to plug in 2 7606 routers on either end on this link.

Does the 7606 have the capability to connect to FX? If not, can I insert a PA with Fiber connectors (like an OC1)?

Thanks

wvw

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You sure can. You can either use GLC-FE-100FX or GLC-FE-100LX.

Here's the link of supported SFP modules (FastEthernet and GigEthernet) for the 7600 routers:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/routers/7600/Hardware/12.2SR_supported_hw/7600_hwd.html#wp1270293

Hope this helps you.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Yes, you have all types of fiber interfaces on the 7600 routers, including 10 gigabits. What you choose depends by your fiber plant, and budget.

We are looking at a fiber link with an LC connector which in turn has to plug into the 7606 router. Any suggestions?

We are looking at a fiber link with an LC connector which in turn has to plug into the 7606 router

I think more than LC connector you should provide info what speed you are looking for and what is the distance between 2 routers?

LC is just the connector even if the card for the speed and distance dont have LC connector. you can buy a cable which will convert to LC connector at the end.

Please specify fiber type and length of span.

adamclarkuk_2
Level 4
Level 4

-

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You sure can. You can either use GLC-FE-100FX or GLC-FE-100LX.

Here's the link of supported SFP modules (FastEthernet and GigEthernet) for the 7600 routers:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/routers/7600/Hardware/12.2SR_supported_hw/7600_hwd.html#wp1270293

Hope this helps you.

Thanks for the rating.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: