cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Help decoding error message

770801tvdhaar
Level 1
Level 1

Hi can anyone help me decode what the problem is with this client. Error says 802.1x is required when I'm using WPA/PSK authentication?

I get these error all the time

Time :02/26/2009 09:06:18 CET Severity :INFO Controller IP :x.x.x.x Message :Controller association request message received.

Time :02/26/2009 09:06:18 CET Severity :INFO Controller IP :x.x.x.x Message :Association request received from a client has an invalid RSN IE.(One reason could be mismatch in WPA2 algorithm)

Time :02/26/2009 09:06:18 CET Severity :INFO Controller IP :x.x.x.x Message :Received reassociation request from client.

Time :02/26/2009 09:06:18 CET Severity :INFO Controller IP :x.x.x.x Message :The wlan to which client is connecting requires 802 1x authentication.

Time :02/26/2009 09:06:18 CET Severity :INFO Controller IP :x.x.x.x Message :Client moved to associated state successfully.

Time :02/26/2009 09:06:19 CET Severity :ERROR Controller IP :x.x.x.x Message :802.1x authentication message received, static dynamic wep supported.

Time :02/26/2009 09:06:21 CET Severity :INFO Controller IP :x.x.x.x Message :802.1x authentication was completed successfully.

Time :02/26/2009 09:06:21 CET Severity :INFO Controller IP :x.x.x.x Message :Client has got IP address, no L3 authentication required.

Time :02/26/2009 09:06:30 CET Severity :INFO Controller IP :x.x.x.x Message :Controller association request message received.

Time :02/26/2009 09:06:30 CET Severity :ERROR Controller IP :x.x.x.x Message :Current load on the radio of this AP is exceeded hence ignoring the request from this client.

16 Replies 16

jeff.kish
Level 7
Level 7

What device is producing these error messages? Are these from WCS?

The troubleshooting button in WCS yes!! WCS 4.2.97

Please rate when applicable.

I haven't received any feedback, so nothing to rate mate!!

I have exact the same problem. Did you solve it?

If you see this error and you are using PSK, double check your pre shared key. Identify the device that is caudsing the error, because it is most likely and configuration issue with that device.

Now if you are using 802.1x, then again, check the configuration on the client side.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

I solved this by changing the global setting for clients not being able to connect with 1 or 2 mb instead manditory 5.5mb and upwards.

Hope this helps

Hey guys, how spooky!

I have also seen this today

Time :03/20/2009 10:05:59 GMT Severity :ERROR Controller IP :x.x.x.x Message :802.1x authentication message received, static dynamic wep supported.

I am using eap-tls?

Any ideas?

It all seems to work fine, but would rather not see this?

Many thx

Ken

The main line I see is the ending line that states that the autorf max client per AP has been exceeded and the client is shunned from this ap to allow it to connect to another with a lessor client load. I hope this answers the final connection issue. If it continually does this no matter what AP you are attaching to then let me know because we could have a code problem.

We found the cause of our problem. it seems that it isnt th same problem in this thread.

We were running WLC 5.1.151 and WCS 5.1.64 and did not have this problem. After we bought 1140 APs we upgraded to

WLC 5.2.178 and WCS 5.2.125. Everything worked fine at start but when we did some configuration changes in WCS suddenly the client could not connect to the WPA PSK SSID:s and we got the 802.1x authentication errors in the log, when we restored a configuration backup it was fine again. We tried to do some configuration again and the problem returned. The configuration changes did not concern the SSID that encountered the problems. After that we downgraded to WLC5.2.157 but the problem did return. But now we found out that probaply did the WPA PSK keys get erased on our three WPA PSK SSIDs for some reasen when we did some configuration on a completely other SSID. When we put back the PSK keys the clients could authenticate again.

Someone else has experienced this under version 5.2 ?

We have delpoyed many controllers on 5.2 code and not had the preshared key issue.

Hi all :)

Thx for the help. Just wanted to say that I am not running PSK at all? and I still get this message. Am i missing sommat here?

I am running 4.2.176.0

Many thx

Ken

If you are authenticating against a RADIUS or TACACS are you using 802.1x? Also key size correct? 104bit or 128? 104 is correct in most cases.

Hi mate.

Bit confused about the key size. Where is this stipulated?

Everything is working, but just get this error :)

Many thanks for the help,

Kind regards.

Ken

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card