cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrade to CCM Business Edition

a.rayen83
Level 1
Level 1

hi, please we can do an upgrade from CCM 4.2 to CCM 6 or 7 BE, if not i can suggest a CCM 6 BE (new server too) without upgrade but i must have DLU for this version..the solution will be very expensive ans i have already DLU for CCM 4.2..Thanks for ur help..nice day

5 Replies 5

Hi,

Sure you can upgradeFor the license issue, you will not care about

You will create a DMA file from the CCM4 and when upgrading you will use it to enter your conf to the new CUCM 6

After installation you will have an XML file in CUCM 6, send it to Cisco and you'll have the new DLU license for your CUCM 6 free and it will be sufficient to your network as it was before upgrade

Wish this be helpful

Thank you, but i'm looking for a presale solution, il the Cisco GPL, i don't find the licence of migrating from 4.2 to 6.x Business edition...

Hi,

You will need then to buy the upgrade package from Cisco

Best Regards

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Abderrahim ,

Just to add a note to the good ideas from Hytham (+5 points Hytham :)

There is no migration path from Communications Manager (any version) to Cisco Unified Communications Manager Business Edition, so this is why you can't find the license info. That doesn't mean you can't go this route but you will have to re-build from scratch without the benefit of DMA (Data Migration Assistant).

Ordering Information

The Cisco Unified Communications Manager Business Edition offering is for new installations only. **There is no migration to or from the Cisco Unified Communications Manager Business Edition.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/voicesw/ps6788/vcallcon/ps7273/product_data_sheet0900aecd805e6985.html

Your IP Phone license DLU's are able to be migrated with the help of;

licensing@cisco.com

They will send you a spreadsheet like the one attached below so you can fill in your current phone types/numbers and a new DLU License will be created for you. This way your investment is carried over to CUCM-BE.

Hope this helps!

Rob

Thank you.