Views
Helpful
Replies

Calendar Integration with CUPC 7 and Exchange 2003

BlackAvenger
Level 1
Level 1

Dear all,

I'm currently trying to integrate the calendar feature. I followed the description on http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cups/7_0/english/integration_notes/ExchInt.html#wp49864 and also the steps in Michael Luos book.

The Presence Server shows me the following message in System Troubleshooter:

"The Microsoft Exchange Certificate file is either not currently loaded or there is a subject CN (Common Name) mimatch. This Certificate is required so that CUP and Exchange can communicate in a secure manner."

The Outlook gateway is configured with the Presence gateway value "exchange.ad.fyp.ac.uk". The certificate is issued from a root CA installed on a local win2008 machine for exchange.ad.fyp.ac.uk. The SSL connection the OWA is working fine. I can log in and I can see the calendar, as well as appointments configured in Outlook 2007.

The RTMT shows the following in the last sdi trace file:

02/26/2009 12:07:03.099 EPE|system.pe.pa.owa.backend 2044834 DEBUG <--OwaBackendAdapter.clearCalendar sip:hmustermann@ad.fyp.ac.uk@exchange.ad.fyp.ac.uk:443

|<CLID::StandAloneCluster><NID::cups.ad.fyp.ac.uk><LVL::Detailed><MASK::0800>

02/26/2009 12:07:03.100 EPE|system.pe.pa.owa.backend 2044834 DEBUG <--CalendarSubscription::scheduleRefresh - refresh interval: 960

02/26/2009 12:07:03.100 EPE|system.pe.pa.owa.backend 2044834 DEBUG <--CalendarSubscription::initiateRecovery: SUBSCRIBE

02/26/2009 12:07:03.100 EPE|system.pe.pa.owa.backend 2044834 DEBUG <--CalendarSubscription::notifySingle

02/26/2009 12:07:03.100 EPE|system.pe.pa.owa.backend 2044834 DEBUG <--QMS::SUBSCRIBE

I'm not quite sure what else I can do. The Calendar function is enabled for the user, the client status is shown correctly, the status changes correctly if I go off hook on the desk phone.

Any help is much appreciated.

Many thanks,

Sebastian

12 Replies 12

htluo
Level 9
Level 9

could you do the following?

1) Make sure "Presence Engine" trace level is set to "detailed"

2) Restart "Presence Engine" service

3) Log into CUPC

4) Use RTMT collect Presence Engine logs.

upload logs here.

Thanks!

Michael

http://htluo.blogspot.com/

Hey Michael,

please find attached the trace log from CUPS 7. Please note that I only could change the trace level to error. There is no detailed trace level available in the drop-down menu. Hope the log is still comprehensive enough

Many Thanks,

Seb

Here's the error:

Exchange Server Transaction Failed: SUBSCRIBE sip:hlondon@ad.fyp.ac.uk@exchange.ad.fyp.ac.uk:443 404 Resource Not Found

Could you tell me:

1) what is ad.fyp.ac.uk?

2) what is exchange.ad.fyp.ac.uk?

3) what is your email domain on Exchange?

4) what is the proxy domain in CUPS (System > Service Parameters > SIP Proxy)

Thanks!

Michael

http://htluo.blogspot.com/

Hey Michael,

yeah found that as well in the IIS logs.

1. ad.fyp.ac.uk is the domain I'm using

2. is the FQHN for the exchange server

3. email domain ist as well ad.fyp.ac.uk

4. ad.fyp.ac.uk

Hope that helps,

Seb

On your OWA (Outlook Web Access), can you use "hlondon@ad.fyp.ac.uk" as the login name to log in?

For some reason, Exchange server didn't recognize hlondon@ad.fyp.ac.uk.

Michael

Yes I can login to the OWA with the credentials for this user. I can even access the Calendar function. I'm wondering a bit why the Presence Server shows a certification mismatch ...

Do you have SP1 (or above) installed on Exchange 2003? If not, you'll get "404 resource not found" message.

Michael

SP1 for Exchange or for Windows 2003? Thanks Michael will check this later today.

Seb

Hey Michael,

thats great it is working now. I upgraded Exchange to Service Pack 2, which solved the problem.

Thanks for your help and best regards,

Sebastian

Glad it work.

You may find more tips on http://htluo.blogspot.com/

Thanks!

Michael

Hi Michael,

I have the same error message as this previous post...  I'm using an Exchange 2007 and CUPS 7.0(5), and I can't see the calendar entries/status on my CUPC.

|<:STANDALONECLUSTER><:SRVPRS01><:DETAILED><:0800>

01/26/2010 14:58:08.178 EPE|system.pe.pa.owa.backend 1885334 ERROR Exchange Server Transaction Failed: SUBSCRIBE sip:xmca@realdania.dk@SRVCASHT01CUPS:443 404 Not Found - clear calendar information

1) what is realdania.dk?

- this is the email domain

2) what is SRVCASHT01CUPS?

- exchange server that runs a secondary website running owa, this has the certificate with the CA bit set

3) what is your email domain on Exchange?

- realdania.dk

4) what is the proxy domain in CUPS (System > Service Parameters > SIP Proxy)

- .int.frd.dk

I can log into the OWA with xmca@int.frd.dk, and not with xmca@realdania.dk

Is this a know issue - is there a fix for the issue?

Yours sincerely,

Michael.

You said "I can log into the OWA with xmca@int.frd.dk, and not with xmca@realdania.dk".  That explained the "404 Not Found" message.  Because CUPS was trying to get the calendar information for  xmca@realdania.dk and it's not found.

CUPS use the "Mail ID" field from CUCM.  See if you can get the CUCM mail ID field to  xmca@int.realdania.dk

Michael

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: