Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco- Unity-MIB

georgeef1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

This question is about Cisco UNITY SNMP MIB (CISCO-UNITY-MIB -1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.385). We were told that the MIB table - 'ciscoUnityTable (1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.385.1.1.1)' contains information of all Unity servers in

that Active Directory forest.

My question is, how do we find out which row in this table talks about the local Unity server? Will the local unity server be always the first row of this table i.e will 'ciscoUnityIndex(1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.385.1.1.1.1.1)' be '1' for local unity server?

5 Replies 5

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I don't have a copy of this MIB, but perhaps the object descriptions will yield the answer. Read the description of ciscoUnityIndex to see if it is a randomly assigned value, or if it has some significance. There may also be another object within the table which denotes a row's relationship to the current Unity server.

Thanks,

Could you see and find something here to suugest :

http://www.ciscounitytools.com/HelpFiles/CUC/RSK/CISCO-UNITY-MIBContents.html

Thanks.

I suppose you could compare ciscoUnityName to sysName. If the two are the same, then the row in the ciscoUnityTable corresponds to that server.

So you are saying that sysName (with OID:1.3.6.1.2.1.1.5) will match

local ciscoUnityName always right ? That is I need to get the sysName

and then go parse the ciscoUnityTable to find out the localUnityName .

Is my assumption right ?

Based on the MIB descriptions, that should be the case. So, you will need to retrieve the sysName (i.e. sysName.0) from the local Unity server, then given a list of rows from the ciscoUnityTable, you will know which row corresponds to that server by looking to see which row has ciscoUnityName == sysName.

That said, I do not have a Unity server, so this is untested. You should verify that this is, in fact, the case.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: