cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DiRT Restore Unity Port Count Increased

mwheinz
Level 1
Level 1

Can I restore, using DiRT, to a new server (same version) but with more ports? Converting 2 Unity's to one, moving to a new server. Will need twice the ports, so the new server has 32 where the DiRT backup file is from a server with 16. Will the restore run fine or should I delete some ports and make it 16 like the original server. It's Unity version 4.05(ES60), VMO,EX2003 (on-box).

Thanks!

7 Replies 7

culittle
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Does the new server have users installed?

If so, you will not be able to restore to system with the larger number of ports.

Unity versions must match exactly for Dirt to complete.

Your license is tied to the mac on the server. So if you get your DIRT restored, you will be able to use the larger port license, as long as it is tied to the correct mac address.

Please rate

I have had the licenses keyed to the new server mac address. My question is just related to the number of ports. The DiRT backup will be from a system with 16 ports, restoring to a system with 32 ports. Will it restore or should the new server be configured with 16 ports, too?

Yes, but it will only restore if the 32 port system is a fresh install that does not have users installed. If you have two independent systems, you may want to look into the GSM tool to move subscribers.

http://www.ciscounitytools.com/App_GSM4x.htm

I know, it's a fresh system. The question is, does the number of ports matter for a DiRT rstore?

DIRT does not backup license files. The number of ports should not matter..

just to finish that though - DiRT also doesn't restore any kind of switch or port configuration details as they may (and often do) change between systems - so most definitely the number of ports does not matter.

Bingo! That's what I wanted to know! And straight from the "horse's mouth", too.

Thanks!