Views
Helpful
Replies

DFM device discovery issue "Devices stuck in Questioned state"

smitapande83
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

We have LMS 3.0.1 installed with DFM 3.0.4 The devices are showing Questioned with Error code "SNMP timeout" with no specific reason. The snmpwalk is coming for the device as I checked with snmpwalk command. The only device discovered as"known" has ICMP permitted from Server to device and no other device has. They only have SNMP permit. Can this affect the dicovery?? or what else can I try....Please suggest!!

Rgds

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes. DFM requires that all devices be both SNMP and ICMP reachable. DFM uses ICMP to verify reachability to all IP addresses on the device. However, at the very least, the address by which you manage the device MUST be ICMP reachable.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes. DFM requires that all devices be both SNMP and ICMP reachable. DFM uses ICMP to verify reachability to all IP addresses on the device. However, at the very least, the address by which you manage the device MUST be ICMP reachable.

Thanks Joe. I have communicated the same further.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card