cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Security Agents 5.0 on VMS

f.cordero
Level 1
Level 1

Hello! I have installed VMS with CSA 5.0 but the Cisco Security Agents database is too big, i have tried to shrink it from the management tab but it does not work, How can i manually compact this database?

Regards

7 Replies 7

tsteger1
Level 8
Level 8

When you say "it does not work", are you getting an error?

Are you using MSDE or SQL 2000?

Have you deleted any items from the database and then tried to shrink it?

Tom

No, it does not send any error, it just finishes but the database size stays the same; i am using MSDE and i have deleted items from the database.

i have just 4 gygas of space left, so i stopped the csamc50 to stop collecting information and solve the problem.

The database names i have on the csamc50 folder are:

1) csaanalysis5.0.mdf

2) csaanalysis_log.LDF

3) csamc50_log.LDF (42 G)

4) csamc50_volatile_dat.ndf

I'm not sure which build of 5 you are using but I had a very similar problem with that version and actually had to upgrade the MSDE to SQL 2000 to get it to shrink.

You may have luck using SQL Management Studio to do a backup and restore/shrink.

These posts detail similar problems.

http://forum.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&forum=Security&topic=General&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Dpass_through%26location%3Doutline%40%5E1%40%40.1ddd3d11/0#selected_message

http://forum.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&forum=Security&topic=General&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Dpass_through%26location%3Doutline%40%5E1%40%40.1ddd3d11/0#selected_message

Tom

Hello, Tom!

I am using CSA 5.0, this version still works with VMS, not like 5.1 or later that became independent of VMS.

Regards

I was aware of that. I had 5.0 and had the same problem. You must either find a way to backup and restore the db or upgrde to full SQL and shrink it.

I am unsure why this happens but I think it may have something to do with app analysis.

Do you know a way to uninstall it?, i haver checked and the books say you go to control Panel, add remove programs and then remove it, but on my add/remove programs it does not appear.

Regards

Uninstall CSA 5? You would add\remove CiscoWorks and uncheck MC for CSA.

Tom

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: