cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

NEW: WRVS4400N v1.0 and v1.1 firmware version 1.1.13

chchapma
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The latest firmware update, fw v1.1.13, for the Cisco Small Business WRVS4400N v1.0 and v1.1 has been posted on Cisco.com

Below is the location of the firmware download page:

http://tools.cisco.com/support/downloads/go/Model.x?mdfid=282446893&mdfLevel=Model&treeName=Routers&modelName=Cisco%20WRVS4400N%20Wireless-N%20Gigabit%20Security%20Router%20-%20VPN%20V1.0%20%26%20V1.1&treeMdfId=268437899

Below is the location of the release notes:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/routers/csbr/wrvs4400n/release/notes/SBTG_Release_Notes_WRVS4400N.pdf

It is recommended that users download the firmware and upgrade their routers.

Once the firmware upgrade has completed you must perform a complete reset to factory default.

Chris

8 Replies 8

Steven DiStefano
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The release notes link is not working.

Try this one instead...

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/routers/csbr/wrvs4400n/release/notes/Release_Note_WRVS4400N.pdf

flipstorm
Level 1
Level 1

A warning out there to Mac users trying to do this from Safari... it won't work. 100 attempts and plasters covering my forehead as well as polyfilla for the wall taught me to only use IE for this.

Thank goodness for Bootcamp.... won't be recommending Cisco products to Mac users anytime soon!

Or recommend apple user’s not to use apple because there so proprietary :)

john.sasser
Level 1
Level 1

Link to firmware on Cisco site broken - please fix!

Thanks for your email about the new wrvs4400n firmware 1.1.13.

Whenever i try to up grade this is what i get.

"Upgrade file is not the correct type or version for this device.

Upgrade failed.

Please obtain the correct file and try again."

My router firmware is 1.00.16.

My first router stop working i send it back to linksys and they send me this one, i can never get it to upgrade.

Just tried it this morning.

Got a Cisco 1700 router i'm going to configure that one and use it instead.

I had the original version of firmware and wanted fixes. So I got the new whiz-bang version. Yup, version 1.1.13.

It bricked my wireless. Useless and no matter what I tried, no joy. For systems that had worked, now failed to see the router.

Hardwire was OK, but for the extra $100 for that wireless option, I kinda expected it to work.

I telecommute to my job. This is unacceptable. Apparently the v1 and v1.1 models are a pit of despair. Every search for enlightment found that if you bothered to configure from default you were likely in trouble and should just get ready to brave traffic and return the turd.

So I went back to BestBuy and exchanged for a replacement.

Lucky for ME, it's version 2 hardware. Just like the unit I have in California. (Amazon was the source for that unit)

I type this now over the connection to that new router. I'd recommend that if you can, get the v2 hardware in exchange for the v1 or v1.1 pile-o-crap.

If this unit fails or bricks like the older model, I'll switch vendors entirely. I've used Cisco kit for almost 20 years. This was a rather severe disappointment.

Oh, and I'll be sure to *share* that with everyone that cares to listen. Linksys and Cisco have been stringing users along for quite some time with v1 and v1.1.

Again, not acceptable.  With support like that, who needs business competition? Your vendor will gladly put you out of business.

shadeofblkness
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks Davester for the information about the wrvs4400n router with firmware version 1.1. i dont belive i can get a trade, i got it straight from Cisco as a replacement for the first one that went bad. If they can do a trade in, i will pay the difference for the version 2. I must say i'm really disappointed, after paying almost $300 for this router and the publicity that came along with it.

You are most welcome. I do understand. I've spent Other Peoples Money for years on Cisco and other kit. This was MY money. A good pile of it (I've bought two, to VPN between my two residences) as is implied in the documentation. I jumped at it because:

1. It was endorsed by Cisco.

2. Was cheaper than the enterprise kit. ( again, my money)

3. I hadn't researched it on the web before purchase. (My new location was occupied impromtu)

4. I trusted that any issues would be dealt with quickly and fairly. (I found otherwise on many customer forums)

I just don't have time to spend, in addition to the money. This isn't fun and games. This is business. (or so the brand would have me believe). I've worked directly with Cisco and walked their labs and played with the toys. I really like those folks and their leadership. I was dismayed at how this product evolved after release. The silence on the support forum simply doesn't reflect the user experience that appears to be rather widespread. I'm willing to take a chance on different hardware, but I've got a very short time window to figure out if I need to return for a refund. Exchanges haven't helped many that purchased v1 and v1.1. And that model is still out in the distribution channel, as I picked one up at a back-water BestBuy. If it were MY reputation, I'd recall the old models. They put "v2" on the model number, for a reason. I'd like to know what that reason happens to be. It's not firmware compatible, so something significant changed.

Good luck, and best wishes!

Davester

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: