cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SSH issue with LMS 3.1

dosic
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I've read several threads with the same issue, some docs (such as user guide for campus manager 5.1) and still have no solution.

So, I've tried to SSH to devices from campus manager-> topology view but always got this message "ssh client is not found".

I've created campusmgr.properties in my home directory (C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator) with the single line in it "CMSSH=C:\\PUTTY\\PUTTY.EXE" (without "").

I've load PUTTY.EXE into the C:\PUTTY.

I've also updated Campus Manager - Version & Patch Level: 5.1.1.

What's wrong?

Any advice?

Regards, Eugene

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

The messages I am expecting to see are not here. It's as if you're still running Campus 5.1. Try clearing out the Java Web Start cache under the General tab of the Java Control Panel. Click the Delete Files button, and remove everything. Then restart your browser, and try launching Topology Services again.

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You will need to be on CM 5.1.1 as there was a bug that prevented this from working in CM 5.1. Everything else is right assuming you're currently logged in as Administrator. Please post the output of the Java Web Start console.

Also, make sure that the file is really campusmgr.properties without a hidden .txt extension. Windows has a tendency to add extensions when they shouldn't be there.

Hi, jclarke.

CM version is 5.1.1.

I'm log in as Admin (default user profile in LMS).

File is campusmgr.properties without .txt extension.

>>Please post the output of the Java Web Start console

please, explain, how can I show it?

In the task tray, there is a Java icon. Right-click on it, and you should be able to launch the console.

start->control panel -> java

general

update

java

security

advanced ???

can not find output of the Java Web Start console ;(

It's the Java console option under the advanced tab. You need to enable the console. Then it will pop up automatically when you launch Topology Services.

thanks.

The messages I am expecting to see are not here. It's as if you're still running Campus 5.1. Try clearing out the Java Web Start cache under the General tab of the Java Control Panel. Click the Delete Files button, and remove everything. Then restart your browser, and try launching Topology Services again.

Hi, jclarke.

So it was cache. Thanks a lot. Now I can connect to such devices as ASA, but the ssh option for connection to the call managers has disappeared...

Is it possible from the Topology Servicesto connect to CCM through ssh?

No. The current code assumes that CCMs run Windows, and do not have an SSH server.

Thanks for your help!!!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: