cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 1522 compatibility with 802.11 clients

olympicridge
Level 1
Level 1

I am able to pass traffic with my ISP 1522 using a specially configured autonomous 1310 client radio. But I have tried several other 802.11b client radios which associate but will not pass traffic. Also 1522 will not pass traffic with Cisco 1242 or 1232 autonomous radios. Using 128 bit WEP encryption. Can someone please help my with this?

5 Replies 5

Stephen Rodriguez
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I would need to see the configs to be sure, but on the WLC, are you set for 128key or the 104key? In the WLC world, you want to be set for the 104K, 104 + 24 IV = 128.

HTH,

Steve

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

Hi Steve,

Thanks for your reply. It appears that I can only set the 1310 client WEP to 64 or 128 bit. What if I try WPA-PSK TKIP? I have attached the config file of the 1310.

you could do WPA/TKIP if you wanted. What I was trying to get earlier, was on the WLC, you can set 50, 104, and 128 for the WEP size. On the WLAN, you want to use the 104 setting, not the 128 setting.

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks again Steve.

So if I have the ISP set the WLC to a 104 bit WEP key on the 1522 will that be compatible with the 128 bit (has only 64 and 128) setting on the 1310 Client radio?

that is correct

HTH,
Steve

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: