cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WLC reset - then odd behavior

cchandler63
Level 1
Level 1

I had this occur on two 4402's in 1 week. Unexpected system reload based on uptime although no crash log, controller will not associate any NEW clients, existing clients OK, controller reports erroneous client count. Then after rebooting the controller it functions normally. At first I was thinking failed power supply caused issue as PS1 did go red, now not sure. TAC has no idea as well - just wondered if anyone had experienced this odd behavior. 4402 - v.4.1.185.

2 Replies 2

Stephen Rodriguez
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

as you have a TAC case open, I don't want to step on the toes of your engineer.

But, I would upgrade away from 4.1 up to 4.2.176.0, there are many bug fixes, some of which are for memory leaks.

HTH,

Steve

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

George Stefanick
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

We just had this same very issue 4.1.185 and we worked with TAC and went through the motions of upgrades to 4.2.x. We ended up RMAing the WLC as it continued to work fine for a few weeks and them nut up again....

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card