Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 7960 "File not Found"

jchinyou170888
Level 1
Level 1

I have 5 Cisco 7960 Ip Phones connected to a 2811 running CME 4.1

My issue is that 4 out of 5 phones display "File Not Found" after getting the IP Address from DHCP.

There is one phone that I have configured identically to the rest that works. The only difference I can see is Firmware.

The phone that works is running Version 7.2(2.0).

The Phones that don't work are running Version 5.0(3.1).

Can anyone help me figured out if I am missing something?

Thanks!

5 Replies 5

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi, just upgrade firmware, do you know how to do that ?

Hi,

I believe in order to do this, I copy the firmware to my CME (TFTP) then use the load command to assign the phone a firmware, is this correct??

I also just thought about it but if it can't find the configuration file does this not mean that the phone wont be able to pick up the load command??

Is there another method other than through the load command on the CME?

Thanks,

Justin

Ok, first of all I recommend you use FW 7.023T that you find in the CME "individual files" area on CCO. Other versions, may present a problem in which the phone suddenly becomes dumb.

Then:

- Copy all files to CME, I recommend always to use a subdirectory for neatness.

- For each file, configure "tftp-server" with file location and alias if you used subdirectory.

- Configure load under telephony-service.

No other method can be used.

Thank you, everything you have said makes sense. So, Ill give it a world once I get to the office this morning.

Thanks for your help!

You're welcome, please remember to rate post using the scrollbox below.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: