cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

The new 1520 compatible

vcscadaboy
Level 1
Level 1

Will the new 1520 radio talk to the old 1510? I'm in the middle of installing the whole wireless network, I got about half of them up and running. Now I found out that 1510 is end of life and being replace by 1520. Just want to make sure they will talk to each other.

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Yep, as mentioned above. Twice. By the way, I know the EDS product manager for wireless in the US very well. One of my best friends actually. How are you liking the change to HP?

View solution in original post

19 Replies 19

George Stefanick
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I was wondering the same thing... here is what i found on the subject from the 1520 Q&A.

Q. Can I have a network with both Cisco Aironet 1520 Series and Cisco Aironet 1510 mesh access points?

A. It is possible to have a network with both the Cisco Aironet 1520 Series and 1510 mesh access points. The Cisco Aironet 1520 Series needs to be deployed as a rooftop access point and the 1510 can be deployed as a mesh access point. Both the 1520 Series and 1510 can operate in the same plant; however, the WLAN controller will require a software upgrade to allow seamless operation. The 1520 Series is suited to mounting on poles and buildings. It is powered through local power using the Cisco Power Injector or unswitched street light power sources. The 1520 Series is more adaptable: in addition to being mounted like the 1510, the 1520 Series can be strand-mounted, and powered and connected to the cable plant for backhaul of data to the head end.

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

Hey guys. Yes, the 1510 will talk to the 1522 and 1524s. Bear in mind the 1510s are endo f lifed and not very good radios. I would strongly suggest you take advantage of the Cisco offer for trade in. There are alot of new features coming on the 1522 and 1524 that make them more attractive. Support for the 1510 will soon be ending and you will find yourself stranded with old APs.

That's good news!

Where can I find info about the trade in program?

Consult your partner or I could assist if you like with the info.

I'm about to fire my Cisco Rep. They were the one who told me 1510 won't talk to 1520

Can you give me some info about that? Really appreciated.

It is a trade in program where you can get between 10-25% of the original price credited to the purchase of the newer models. dholmes@ineteng.com I will try to find you the link.

Thank you

Go to http://www.cisco.com/web/partners/pr11/incentive/tmp_promotions.html and scroll down to the Competitive Equipment Exchange area.

You can choose which appliance you can trade-in.

Hope this helps.

Leo,

He is an enduser not a partner.

He can talk to a reputable & authorized Cisco re-seller to find out if he can avail.

Yep, as mentioned above. Twice. By the way, I know the EDS product manager for wireless in the US very well. One of my best friends actually. How are you liking the change to HP?

Thank you very much, guys

Q: How are you liking the change to HP?

A: I left EDS on 30 December 2008. I guess this answers your question. He he he ...

Where did you land?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: