cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity express with AA

littledavewhite
Level 1
Level 1

I have a client that wants two different messages for the initial AA recording, they want the ability to switch the messages at any time via an easy method, the unity express is integrated with callmanager 6.1 via jtapi. any idea on how i can do this would be great.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

As far as I am aware, you cannot 'break' the subflow and stop the script if the EAG exists or not. It just plays or it doesn't and then gets on with the rest of the script.

Can you tell us the version of CUE that you are running? (Later versions have an in-built script editor.)

How technical is the client? Would a link to the Admin settings on the CUE GUI be advisable? It could be made quite simple to switch between two scripts.

Or you could try my second suggestion from before, in which you have the 2nd greeting as an announcement only greeting with no sub-steps.

One other alternative is the Cisco CUE scripting team; I've always found them very helpful and they may be able to help:

ask-cue-editor@external.cisco.com

If you do get a response from them, please post it here as it would be useful to know.

Glenn

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

glenn.white
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Dave,

Would it be possible to elaborate slightly on this? Does the client want to enable an "Emergency Alternate Greeting" or do they want two different scripts (or just initial greeting)?

If it is the "Emergency Alternate Greeting" then the guide can be found here:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps5520/products_tech_note09186a008025c5e0.shtml

Bear in mind that the script must have the "Call Subflow" step to check for "checkAltGreet.aef".

If they are looking for different greetings but the same script, then a potential solution, although not a very elegant one, would be to create two scripts that were identical except for the greetings. Assign them to different DNs.

Create a third DN and point all incoming calls for the AA to this number.

Assign this DN to a line/button to a phone and then set CFwdAll to either of the AA DNs. To reassign, take off CFwdAll and then reapply to other AA DN.

As I said, not a very elegant solution but I haven't had to implement anything like this for a customer.

If anyone else has a better solution, I'd be interested to hear it also.

Hi glen

I just found the emergency alternat greeting info thanks for the quick response. The only issue i have now is the client does not want to normal greeting to be played after the emergency one. So when they invoke the emergency the normal greeting is not played, any ideas.

As far as I am aware, you cannot 'break' the subflow and stop the script if the EAG exists or not. It just plays or it doesn't and then gets on with the rest of the script.

Can you tell us the version of CUE that you are running? (Later versions have an in-built script editor.)

How technical is the client? Would a link to the Admin settings on the CUE GUI be advisable? It could be made quite simple to switch between two scripts.

Or you could try my second suggestion from before, in which you have the 2nd greeting as an announcement only greeting with no sub-steps.

One other alternative is the Cisco CUE scripting team; I've always found them very helpful and they may be able to help:

ask-cue-editor@external.cisco.com

If you do get a response from them, please post it here as it would be useful to know.

Glenn

hi glen thanks for your help i will let you know how i get on. Its going to be the latest unity 7.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: