Views
Helpful
Replies

Syslog messages from APs in LMS

cmartinvalle
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everybody,

we have a WLSE managing some AP's, and a LMS managing some routers and switches.

We want to view all syslog messages from a unique tool and we have chosen LMS.

But when we launch a report we have to first select the devices and there are no AP's in theses devices because they are in the WLSE.

How could we see these reports from APs and routers/switches from LMS?

Regards.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

LMS can manage standalone APs as individual devices. Only Campus Manager has the ability to get WLSE data for purposes of User Tracking. RME cannot manage APs through the WLSE or WLC.

If you want to see the syslog messages from your APs in RME, you will need to add those APs as devices into DCR. Alternatively, if the APs are sending messages to RME, those messages will show up in the Unexpected Devices Report.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

LMS can manage standalone APs as individual devices. Only Campus Manager has the ability to get WLSE data for purposes of User Tracking. RME cannot manage APs through the WLSE or WLC.

If you want to see the syslog messages from your APs in RME, you will need to add those APs as devices into DCR. Alternatively, if the APs are sending messages to RME, those messages will show up in the Unexpected Devices Report.

However, I am ACS integrated and when I add them to DCR, they are not in ACS and I can't manange them. Is there a way around that?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: