cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

What is difference between clientless and SVC web-vpn?

thananchai747
Level 1
Level 1

What is difference between clientless and SVC web-vpn?

3 Replies 3

auraza
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Clientless only allows use through the browser, with 8.0 having some additional functionality for Smart Tunneling (similar to port-forwarding but more functional, and easier to configure). You will be able to add plug-ins that allow you to rdp/telnet/ssh, etc through the browser, without needing a client, but of course, functionality is limited. It basically provides a web portal for you to connect to your internal network through but can be limited.

With SVC (SSL VPN Client), a client is automatically installed on to your PC, and you get an IP, which allows your PC to be on the network like PC's on the LAN. The advantage of this compared to the IPSec client is that it installs automatically - all you have to do is browse to the ASA's portal, and start it - this will install the client, after which you should be able to access any resources inside your network.

HTH,

Aun.

thk auraza

best regard,

Hi Auraza,

I have ASA5510 Ver 8.2 and someone before me configured it as a VPN server for Cisco VPN Client Ver. 5.0.06 (IPSec Over UDP) I've tried to make a new SVC web-vpn (without any configuration now!) and after that nobody can access to my network or even connect to the ASA.

I've checked my new running configuration with the previews one and found that there is only this changed has been made:

svc enable

group-policy DfltGrpPolicy attributes

vpn-tunnel-protocol IPSec l2tp-ipsec

and I can't find how can I remove these configuration in my ASDM 6.2(1)? Is it really cause of the VPN Client connection issue?