Views
Helpful
Replies

CUE 3.2.2 / CCM 6.1.3 - Notication to DECT handsets

gordonmarkus
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We have a customer that has a number of users with DECT phones that connect via Kirk IP system back to the CUCM. (So the DECT handset registers with the Kirk box, and the Kirk registers with the CUCM). Telephony all works fine, in that users can call in/out and to other physical handsets registered to the CUCM.

The problem we have, is that as these DECT handsets don't have message waiting indicators on them, we've setup their CUE users so that they get notification to their handsets (as in a call) after 5 minutes of a message being left.

The customer advises that this isn't working (although the user setup in the CUE looks good), and that users are getting their mailboxes filled with messages from the CUE itself advising that they have messages waiting! I can understand why that might be happening if the user concerned was on a call, out of the office etc - as each time a new message is left advising a message is waiting, 5 minutes later a further advisory message will be left.

My questions really are:

1. Is there any way to get the CUE to just ring the users extension, without leaving a message, to alert them that a message is waiting.

2. Is there anyone else on the forum with similar implementation somewhere? I'd like to know what you've done in this situation if possible.

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Regards,

-Gordon.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

that is a older Firmware Version.

Speak to the party that installed the Kirk 600v3 and mention that there is a 08-60700.55 on the Polycom Website.

Possibly the Handset's need updating aswell as new Features are added from time to time.

Are you using the 40xx or the 50xx Handset's on the Kirk 600v3?

40xx Press *99984* and then the tick/mute button

50xx Press Menu,Status,Firmware Version

The latest firmware for the Kirk 600v3 can be found on the Polycom Webpage under the Dect Support section.

Make sure they store the config on the 600v3 as sometimes data can be lost when updating !

Regards

Steffen

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Steffen.Baier
Level 1
Level 1

What Kirk system is it and what Firmware Version are you running?

The 600v3 running a Skinny License?

08-60700.75 from Q1/2009 had some Call Manager Call Waiting etc. Features implemented but has been withdrawn at present.

Q2/2009 will be the next fixed release

Hi,

Thanks for the quick response!

The DECT is maintained by another provider, so I don't have that much information on it unfortunately. What I can say though, is that when I click on the 'registered with' on a DECT handset I can get the following information from the Kirk system:

Kirk Wireless Server 600/3

Version: 6.00 dvl-sr1 IP1200 (07-60600-07) Bootcode [366] HW[30] 8192/32768

Thanks again for your help.

Regards,

-Gordon.

Hi,

that is a older Firmware Version.

Speak to the party that installed the Kirk 600v3 and mention that there is a 08-60700.55 on the Polycom Website.

Possibly the Handset's need updating aswell as new Features are added from time to time.

Are you using the 40xx or the 50xx Handset's on the Kirk 600v3?

40xx Press *99984* and then the tick/mute button

50xx Press Menu,Status,Firmware Version

The latest firmware for the Kirk 600v3 can be found on the Polycom Webpage under the Dect Support section.

Make sure they store the config on the 600v3 as sometimes data can be lost when updating !

Regards

Steffen

Hi,

Thanks for the update - I'm not 100% sure of the handset type, but I'll ask the question, and request the details of the handset firmware.

Is there anything on the CCM/CUE side that might would be worth investigating at all, or would you think that based on the issues being experienced, that it's more likely a firmware issue on the Kirk side?

Thanks again for your help,

-Gordon.

Hi,

Just to let you know that I upgraded the Kirk last night to 08-60700.55, and the handsets now have visual MWI - so we don't need to use the 'ringback' type notification any more, which is perfect!

Thanks very much for your advice, as this issue is now sorted and the customer is really happy!

Thanks,

-Gordon.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: