Proving PRI channels all consumed

Unanswered Question
Feb 27th, 2009

I'm trying to prove that a disruption in service a few days ago was due to all our PRI channels being in use. Symptom to users was fast-busy when trying to place calls.

We did have full tracing turned on while the disruption occurred. I've collected the trace logs for the period in question for the Call Manager service. But I'm wondering what I should be looking for within the log files to be confident that the issue was due to all the PRI channels being in use. I would think that there should be some tell-tale entry in the log file indicating this - but I don't know what it would look like.

Thanks,

Phil.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Loading.
Nicholas Matthews Fri, 02/27/2009 - 08:14

Hi Phil,

'show voice dsp group all | i allocation failure' will tell you how many times you've run over your DSP allocation.

This is slightly different from what you're trying to check, which is something I'm not sure how to check on the gateway if you weren't running debugs.

If you have logging enabled for your ISDN you may have a chance. Otherwise, maybe one of the Callmanager guys might know something you can check in RTMT.

You could pull CUCM traces for that time period if it hasn't been overwritten to get the cause code from the gateway for the disconnects.

hth,

nick

Jaime Valencia Fri, 02/27/2009 - 08:30

if you have the CUCM traces as i believe you do, then you'll need to start counting the setups and teardowns on that particular PRI.

what the messages look like depends of the protocol, MGCP or H323. but if you have it, it's just a matter of looking in X time period how many setups and how many teardowns were made to get the actual number of calls active in a given time

you can try using VLT or the triple combo to make it easier and not look directly at the txt in wordpad

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Actions

This Discussion