cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Binding two Upgrade Files

dyorke0403
Level 1
Level 1

can anyone explain the process of Binding two files. I downloaded Presence 7.0. I bind the two files part 1 and part two (copying the binding statement directly from cisco Doumentation). The Process completes successfully. The oringinal Part 1 of 2 files has incresed in size but reatins it's original name. Shouldn't the process Rename the file dropping the Part1 of Two. Am i doing something wrong. Running a check sum of this file results in a correct check sum?

7 Replies 7

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You basically download the files Part 1 and Part 2. Then copy and paste the command into the CMD prompt window on your windows machine. It will then merge the (2) files into one. I think the end result is about 2.x gigs? something like that. It works. See the read me file where you download the file from in CCO. it will have the copy/paste command for the merge.

no, it should not change the name just because, you define the name

COPY /B File1+File2 Dstfile

ie:

COPY /B UCSInstall_UCOS_6.1.2.1000-13.sgn.iso_part1of2+UCSInstall_UCOS_6.1.2.1000-13.sgn.iso_part2of2 UCSInstall_UCOS_6.1.2.1000-13.sgn.iso

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Or:

Step 1 Download the two UCSInstall files from Cisco Connection Online.

Step 2 Execute one of the following commands to reunite the two parts of the file.

a. If you have a Unix/Linux system, cut and paste the following command from this document into the CLI to combine the two parts:

cat UCSInstall_UCOS_7.0.3.10000-63.sgn.iso_part1of2 UCSInstall_UCOS_7.0.3.10000-63.sgn.iso_part2of2 > UCSInstall_UCOS_7.0.3.10000-63.sgn.iso

b. If you have a Windows system, cut and paste the following command from this document into the CLI to combine the two parts:

COPY/B UCSInstall_UCOS_7.0.3.10000-63.sgn.iso_part1of2+UCSInstall_UCOS_7.0.3.10000-63.sgn.iso_part2of2 UCSInstall_UCOS_7.0.3.10000-63.sgn.iso

Step 3 Use an md5sum utility to verify that the MD5 sum of the final file is correct.

•b8530b1230aa6881d281afcd75d282c9 UCSInstall_UCOS_7.0.3.10000-63.sgn.iso

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cups/7_0_3/rel_notes/cup7xrn.html

One further note... I had to manually rename the binded file to UCSInstall_UCOS_7.0.3.10000-63.sgn.iso. Copying the command did not rename the file once the two parts binded. It left the "_part1of2" in the filename. When I renamed the file without "_part1of2" the upgrade file could be recognized.

Thanks for all of your help!

How did you run the checksum on the combined iso file? I'm having trouble running my upgrade. It keeps failing. It does download my files okay, but when I go to run it, even with or without a reboot at the end, it gives me an error.

Okay, so I've done all the checksums to both the part 1 and part 2 files individually and then I ran one against the combined iso file...thoughts?

Hi Ginger,

You need to run an MD5 check against the downlaoded file to make sure it matches with what is listed on CCO. Here a couple of free ones;

http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/File-Management/MD5-Check.shtml

http://www.fastsum.com/press/md5-checker.php

Hope this helps!

Rob

i tried running the following command on Linux and i got the error below

cat UCSInstall_UCOS_6.1.2.1000-13.sgn.iso_part1of2 UCSInstall_UCOS_6.1.2.1000-13.sgn.iso_part2of2 > UCSInstall_UCOS_6.1.2.1000-13.sgn.iso

ERROR:

Invalid command, the ">" character is not permitted for this command

one other thing. if im running the above command on the linux server, then that means both parts of the file needs to be stored on the serer itself? please confirm..

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: