Cannot Connect to JRM

Unanswered Question
Feb 27th, 2009

When accessing HUM Report Managment I get the error Cannot Connect to JRM. Was working till I did a Microsoft Backup of the Server 2003 system it is installed on.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Overall Rating: 5 (2 ratings)
Joe Clarke Fri, 02/27/2009 - 09:36

This is most likely known bug CSCsr93292:


The Health and Utilization Monitor job interfaces do not work. Instead, they display the following error:

Cannot connect to JRM. Check whether JRM is up and running.


This happens when the System Identity or Common Trust User is changed.


Edit NMSROOT/lib/classpath/, and change the Username property to the new System Identity User. The HUM job interfaces will work once again.

(Note: NMSROOT is the path into which CiscoWorks was installed. By default, this is /opt/CSCOpx on Solaris and C:\PROGRA~1\CSCOpx on Windows.)

diek Fri, 02/27/2009 - 12:44

I checked the jrmuser properties and the username was correct. I did start getting this error after I did change the System Identity User besides also doing a Miscrosoft backup of the server.

I tried changing the System Identity User back to what is was and it is still failing. Thanks for your response to my question.

Joe Clarke Fri, 02/27/2009 - 12:49

The name in should really always be "admin". If the System Identity User is no longer admin, then you will get this error. If you've set the SIU back to admin, restart Daemon Manager, and you're still getting this error, then there may be a process failure. Please post the output of the pdshow command, the, and screenshot showing the current SIU.

Joe Clarke Fri, 02/27/2009 - 16:05

You did not provide a screenshot showing the currently configured System Identity User. If it is admin, then restart Daemon Manager, and this error should go away.

diek Mon, 03/02/2009 - 05:23

How do you show the System Indentity User?

Joe Clarke Mon, 03/02/2009 - 07:26

A screenshot of Common Services > Server > SEcurity > System Identity Setup will be sufficient.

Joe Clarke Tue, 03/03/2009 - 10:30

All this checks out, a restart of DAemon Manager should allow HUM to connect to jrm. If not, please post the output of the pdshow command and the upm_process.log.

diek Thu, 03/05/2009 - 09:57

Sorry for not getting back to you sooner.

Thanks for helping me on this. I can open a SR if this gets to involved.

Reset the server to get the DAemon Manager restarted and am having the same problem. Attached if the info you requested.

Joe Clarke Thu, 03/05/2009 - 10:43

Okay, jrm is truly down because the CMF database has not come up. Shutdown Daemon Manager, and post the list of contents under NMSROOT/databases/cmf.

diek Thu, 03/05/2009 - 14:01

Attached as the contents under NMSROOT/databases/cmf.

Joe Clarke Thu, 03/05/2009 - 14:07

I just wanted the LIST of contents. You should delete these attachments as they may reveal sensitive information.

To fix your jrm problem, delete the cmf.log file. Then run:

NMSROOT\objects\db\win32\db\dbsrv10 -f NMSROOT\databases\cmf\cmf.db

Then restart Daemon Manager, and you should be good to go.

diek Thu, 03/05/2009 - 17:53

Attachment shows error when I ran

NMSROOT\objects\db\win32\dbsrv9 and browsed to the file NMSROOT\databases\cmf\cmf.db and put in option -f. Did not have a dbsrv9 and could not get the full command you gave me to work with dbsrv9.

Joe Clarke Thu, 03/05/2009 - 18:22

If you don't have LMS 3.1, then you won't have dbsrv10. The following command run from a DOS shell works for LMS 3.0:

NMSROOT\objects\db\win32\dbsrv9 -f NMSROOT\databases\cmf.db

However, based on this output, the very worst has happened. The cmf database is corrupt. The cmf database holds the DCR, so unless you have a known good LMS backup, you will need to reinitialize all of your LMS databases.

If you have a known good backup, restore it using the NMSROOT\bin\ command. If not, you will need to run the following commands:

NMSROOT\bin\perl NMSROOT\bin\ dsn=cmf dmprefix=CMF

NMSROOT\bin\perl NMSROOT\bin\ dsn=rmeng dmprefix=RME

NMSROOT\bin\perl NMSROOT\bin\ dsn=ani dmprefix=ANI

NMSROOT\bin\perl NMSROOT\bin\ dsn=dfmInv dmprefix=INV

NMSROOT\bin\perl NMSROOT\bin\ dsn=dfmEpm dmprefix=EPM

NMSROOT\bin\perl NMSROOT\bin\ dsn=dfmFh dmprefix=FH

NMSROOT\bin\perl NMSROOT\bin\ dsn=ipm dmprefix=Ipm

NMSROOT\bin\perl NMSROOT\bin\ dsn=upm dmprefix=UPM

NMSROOT\bin\perl NMSROOT\bin\ dsn=opsxml dmprefix=Opsxml

Then remove NMSROOT\objects\smarts\local\repos\icf\DFM*.rps.

If you end up reinitializing your databases, you will lose all of your data, but LMS should be functional once again.

diek Mon, 03/09/2009 - 05:35

I did a restore with a backup I had from a week before this started happening and everything is ok now.




This Discussion