cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cannot Connect to JRM

diek
Level 1
Level 1

When accessing HUM Report Managment I get the error Cannot Connect to JRM. Was working till I did a Microsoft Backup of the Server 2003 system it is installed on.

16 Replies 16

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This is most likely known bug CSCsr93292:

Symptom:

The Health and Utilization Monitor job interfaces do not work. Instead, they display the following error:

Cannot connect to JRM. Check whether JRM is up and running.

Conditions:

This happens when the System Identity or Common Trust User is changed.

Workaround:

Edit NMSROOT/lib/classpath/jrmuser.properties, and change the Username property to the new System Identity User. The HUM job interfaces will work once again.

(Note: NMSROOT is the path into which CiscoWorks was installed. By default, this is /opt/CSCOpx on Solaris and C:\PROGRA~1\CSCOpx on Windows.)

I checked the jrmuser properties and the username was correct. I did start getting this error after I did change the System Identity User besides also doing a Miscrosoft backup of the server.

I tried changing the System Identity User back to what is was and it is still failing. Thanks for your response to my question.

The name in jrmuser.properties should really always be "admin". If the System Identity User is no longer admin, then you will get this error. If you've set the SIU back to admin, restart Daemon Manager, and you're still getting this error, then there may be a process failure. Please post the output of the pdshow command, the jrmuser.properties, and screenshot showing the current SIU.

Attached is the info you requested.

How do show the SIU.

You did not provide a screenshot showing the currently configured System Identity User. If it is admin, then restart Daemon Manager, and this error should go away.

How do you show the System Indentity User?

A screenshot of Common Services > Server > SEcurity > System Identity Setup will be sufficient.

Attached is the System Identity Setup screen snapshot you requested.

All this checks out, a restart of DAemon Manager should allow HUM to connect to jrm. If not, please post the output of the pdshow command and the upm_process.log.

Sorry for not getting back to you sooner.

Thanks for helping me on this. I can open a SR if this gets to involved.

Reset the server to get the DAemon Manager restarted and am having the same problem. Attached if the info you requested.

Okay, jrm is truly down because the CMF database has not come up. Shutdown Daemon Manager, and post the list of contents under NMSROOT/databases/cmf.

Attached as the contents under NMSROOT/databases/cmf.

I just wanted the LIST of contents. You should delete these attachments as they may reveal sensitive information.

To fix your jrm problem, delete the cmf.log file. Then run:

NMSROOT\objects\db\win32\db\dbsrv10 -f NMSROOT\databases\cmf\cmf.db

Then restart Daemon Manager, and you should be good to go.

Attachment shows error when I ran

NMSROOT\objects\db\win32\dbsrv9 and browsed to the file NMSROOT\databases\cmf\cmf.db and put in option -f. Did not have a dbsrv9 and could not get the full command you gave me to work with dbsrv9.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: