Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity 7.x MWI Notifications

Ken Douglas
Level 1
Level 1

Hello:

We've recently had a Cisco Gold VAR install a Communications Manager 6.1 and Unity 7.x installation. Our Unity server is reciving the following message for about a dozen users who we had initially added but then removed (cleanly):

Received message event eNOTIFYQ_ACTION_MSG_DELETED [1] on NotifyQ for user cn=E49976,cn=Recipients,ou=First Administrative Group,o=PGE who is not monitored. No MWI or notifications will occur for this user. To correct, perform a resync of all mailusers with UTIM: go to the Properties tab of your integration and press the Resynchronize button.

Our Unity server is being pounded by these messages (showing up in the Windows Event Viewer under Application) several times a minute.

These users don't have IP Phones, they don't have profiles (any more, we deleted them) and the DNs we had assigned to them are not in use in Communications Manager.

A DB walk shows only 8 minor warnings and no orphaned accounts.

Any ideas what this message is really saying?

6 Replies 6

Bradford Magnani
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Ken,

Did you perform the MWI resync like the error message indicates?

If it's voice mail only, delete the user from the directory and their corresponding mail box and see if the message goes away for that user.

Brad

Thank you for your response...

We've not performed the MWI resync procedure... This is a production system and we're unsure how disruptive the MWI resync would be? Does it impact users trying to access the system (i.e. can it be done during business hours)?

Ken,

It will not impact voice mail service, however depending on how many users you have, there can be MWI's that may get out of sync and may not reflect properly until it completes.

Brad

Thank you again for your time. I was just informed by my co-worker that the MWI resync was actually performed Wednesday. And the apparently made no difference (I was just called in on the issue today).

One thing that puzzles me is that the user IDs in the Messages (the EXXXXX) were initially added to Unity and CM (profiles were built for the users, phones defined for the users, and their Exchange 2003 IDs were imported to Unity). We were then told this group of about a dozen users would not be part of the first cut (migration from our legacy Nortel PBX / CallPilot VM). The CM profiles and phones were deleted and the users removed from Unity (they still have Exchange 2003 accounts, as they are still employees).

We have integrated Unity and our Exchange server (separate Exchange store). Again, a DB Walk shows that we don't have any orphaned accounts. We are unable to determine what Unity thinks it has (like a message) that it wants to notify these users about?

I would check just to make sure that these users in AD have had the Unity properties properly "cleaned" since their removal from Unity. This can be checked with the Remove Subscriber Properties Tool if you haven't already; located in the Commserver\Utilities\RemoveSubscriberProperties directory on the Unity server.

If these few users are represented by a pink bunny, right click on the subscribers in question and Remove Properties. See if that helps.

If they're green globes, then they're clean. I would then restart the AvNotifierMgr service on the Unity server. This will kick off an MWI resync as well.

Brad

bmagnani:

Thank you for your suggestions. We ran the RemoveSubscriberProperties... none of the user IDs in the error messages (just about a dozen of the same users in each message) have the "pink bunny" (I LOVE that!).

We rebooted the Unity server about two weeks ago for this very same problem (at the suggestion of our VAR).

I think at this point we're gonna open a TAC case. I'll post the solution when Cisco's excellent techs help us correct the problem!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: