cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to connect to 1841

redtr4888
Level 1
Level 1

I just recieved my 1841 router but am unable to get in to configure. The software disc is corrupted (tried on several computers). I tried using a crossover cable to access but it still won't even bring up a login screen.

I set my 2000 pro machine to 10.10.10.2 and tried logging in via the web interface using the instructed 10.10.10.1 ip and it just times out. Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks

4 Replies 4

Mohamad Qayoom
Level 3
Level 3

Console into it.

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

First, how to console into a Cisco router/switch appliance:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps700/products_tech_note09186a008010ff7a.shtml#connecttermtocat

Next, Using the Setup Command Facility to Perform Basic Configuration:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/routers/access/1800/1841/software/configuration/guide/b_setup.html#wp33662

Hope this helps.

Thxs Leo,

I have a comp that has a bad serial I'm guessing.

The instr. say that I can connect via a crossover cable and connect through a web browser. I set my computer for IP 10.10.10.2 subnet mask 255.255.255.248 and am supposed to login by entering 10.10.10.1 in my browser which I understand. but I still get timedout?????

I tried to ping it also and got no response.

I also tried through a switch with standard cat5 cables and no go.

Cross-over or Straight-through: It doesn't make a difference because the FE for the new generations of Cisco Appliance are all MDI/MDIX.

When you connect your machine to the FE ports, does the link and activity light light up? If no, it's because by default, these ports are disabled.

You need to sort out the console port or get a USB-Serial adaptor.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card