Automating the suspension of fault monitoring

Unanswered Question
Feb 27th, 2009

I have a need to do two tasks, one to suspend monitoring and alerting with DFM for a maintenance window. It will take all the access to devices down for 3 hours.

Second, I also get requests from other engineers that they have a change and they (due to me sending them alerts!) have started requesting suspension of a device and or a site for a period lalala, while they do a change.

I need to do this automatically, or I will have to get up at 0200! I really really dont want to do that.

Any help? Can I use the CLI to do this? Maybe a cmd file with the Wait command? Thanks,

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Joe Clarke Fri, 02/27/2009 - 16:40

You asked a similar question before:

http://forum.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&forum=Network%20Infrastructure&topic=Network%20Management&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Dpass_through%26location%3Doutline%40%5E1%40%40.2cc2e906/0#selected_message

You can put these CLI commands into a script, and schedule the script to run using the Windows Scheduler system (i.e. the AT command).

After the window is over, you can have another script runs that re-manages the devices.

Actions

This Discussion