cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Automating the suspension of fault monitoring

rtuttle
Level 1
Level 1

I have a need to do two tasks, one to suspend monitoring and alerting with DFM for a maintenance window. It will take all the access to devices down for 3 hours.

Second, I also get requests from other engineers that they have a change and they (due to me sending them alerts!) have started requesting suspension of a device and or a site for a period lalala, while they do a change.

I need to do this automatically, or I will have to get up at 0200! I really really dont want to do that.

Any help? Can I use the CLI to do this? Maybe a cmd file with the Wait command? Thanks,

1 Reply 1

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You asked a similar question before:

http://forum.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&forum=Network%20Infrastructure&topic=Network%20Management&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Dpass_through%26location%3Doutline%40%5E1%40%40.2cc2e906/0#selected_message

You can put these CLI commands into a script, and schedule the script to run using the Windows Scheduler system (i.e. the AT command).

After the window is over, you can have another script runs that re-manages the devices.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: