Helpful
Replies

Plan to Implement VLAN

lazon
Level 1
Level 1

Hello experts,

My network topology uses the ff: cisco devices:

Cisco ASA 5510 as my VPN and Firewall device, it goes to my Layer 3 Switch which is Cisco 4507R that connects all the Cisco 2950 Layer 2 devices. I have 4 subnet 10.223.12.x, 10.223.13.x, 10.223.14.x and 10.223.15.x. I want to implement VLAN's to priorities network traffic going to the Internet. Is this possible. If its possible, how can I do it and what is the exact VLAN configuration? I appreciate your expertly advice. Thank you.

--chie

3 Replies 3

mahmoodmkl
Level 7
Level 7

Hi

U can create 5 vlans or say 4 vlans and as u have said that u have four subnets u can assign each subnet for a vlan and place u r ASA in one the vlans or else i would create a vlan for it.

I didnt get u when u say u want to implement vlans to prioritize the traffic as vlans are used to divide the broadcast domains on the switches.

Thanks

Mahmood

Marwan ALshawi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

what kind of rioritization you want

do you have a remote site ?

or you want give type of traffic priority over other when exit ASA outside interface ?

Hi, with the 4 subnet that I mentioned, is that mean I can create a maximum of 4 VLAN's and give one VLAN over the other priority (ex. HTTP traffic or IPSEC traffic). The default gateway for all the VLAN's will be the ASA. Is this possible. Thanks again.

--chie

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: