cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUPC Client - Two Ring Tones on PSTN Calls

kerry1234
Level 1
Level 1

When making an outbound PSTN call from CUPC softphone, when the call is ringing, I hear two ring tones, one generated locally from the CUPC client and one in the rtp stream from the PSTN gateway. Once the call is answered, the call connects OK.

In the lab deployment, I only hear the locally generated ring tone (even though by using a sniffer, I still see the rtp stream from PSTN gatway reaching the pc)

Getting the inernal ringtone is not a problem. but getting both is rather annoying. PSTN gateway in both cases is H323.

1 Reply 1

htluo
Level 9
Level 9

You have to determine what state the call was in when you hear the dual ring tone.

When the call is in "180 Ringing" state, CUPC will play local ring tone. At this point, there should be no RTP stream at all.

After CUCM sent "200 OK" to CUPC, CUPC will send ACK. After that, RTP stream is set up.

If CUCM sent "200 OK" before PSTN call was connected, it's probably by designed.

You may open a TAC case to verify.

Thanks!

Michael

http://htluo.blogspot.com/

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: