Views
Helpful
Replies

SNMP OID for router temperature

milan.kulik
Level 10
Level 10

Hi,

I'd need more details how to get chassis temperature value from Cisco routers/switches.

So far I found 1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.13.1.3.1.3 (ciscoEnvMonTemperatureStatusValue) present in CISCO-ENVMON-MIB shows the actual chassis temperature.

This works perfectly with 2800 routers, e.g.

But 2600s don't have this OID available, even while supporting CISCO-ENVMON-MIB according to CCO.

The only value available is 1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.13.1.3.1.6 (ciscoEnvMonTemperatureState) but this doesn't show the teperature, only the normal/warning/critical status.

Does anybody know if some 2600 latest IOS provides the actual temperature value?

Thanks,

Milan

3 Replies 3

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

It's not a question of IOS support, but rather hardware support. The 2600s do not have the sensor hardware to provide the temperature value. Run a "show environment" on these routers. You should only see that the Board Temperature is, for example, "normal." you do not see a temperature value.

Hi Joe,

thanks a lot, this makes sense!

What about switches?

I realized 3560 is showing the temperature by sh env command, but the OID is not working :-(

(there is 1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.13.1.3.1.3.1005 = 1 value only available).

Thanks,

Milan

Hmm, my 3560s do not show temperature degrees with "show env all":

FAN is OK

TEMPERATURE is OK

SW PID Serial# Status Sys Pwr PoE Pwr Watts

-- ------------------ ---------- --------------- ------- ------- -----

1 Built-in Good

SW Status RPS Name RPS Serial# RPS Port#

-- ------------- ---------------- ----------- ---------

1 Not Present <>

However, the CISCO-STACK-MIB's chassisTempAlarm does report correctly:

CISCO-STACK-MIB::chassisTempAlarm.0 = INTEGER: off(1)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: