Views
Helpful
Replies

unity - unified messaging

Marwan ALshawi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

hi guys

if we have unity with unified messaging and we want to stop unity from sending voicemail .wav files to users outlook how can this be done ?

thank you

5 Replies 5

Hi Marwan,

It has been addressed before by Ginger

You can do the following:

If you would prefer to have a "voicemail-only" implementation that uses Exchange as the backend store, here are some steps you can take:

1. Create a new COS that disables in the features section text to speech and faxmail. You may want to create a separate voicemail only user template for importing the user as well.

2. Create a new user account, we use vm-xxxxx for the user's phone extension

3. Import the user into Unity

4. Then hide the user from the GAL. Or this can also be accomplished in the user template.

Wish this be helpful

hi thanks for this answer

if i am using the default template for COS

and i disable the text- to speach and faxmail will dose the job for me ?

what about the creating user sorry but i didnt get !!!

If you are using Unity Unified Messaging, Unity uses the Active Directory user's Exchange mailbox as it's message store. That's the whole point of Unified Messaging. If you do not want Unified Messaging and do not want to migrate to another product (such as Unity Connections), then your next-best bet is to create separate Active Directory users and Exchange mailboxes. Because it's a different user and mailbox, the real user won't see the messages in their inbox.

hi

thanks for this

what about the above post

what did they mean in hide the users from GAL or can be done in the user template !!

Hi -

What this means is (there are two options to hide the user so that users won't send email messages):

1. Hide the user from the Global Address List (used by Outlook to send email messages in the organization) by editing the user account and check the box - Exchange Advanced tab. Or ...

2. On the Unity subscriber template used for creating/importing the user, UNcheck the box on the Profile page tht says "Show subscriber in e-mail server address book". As the user is created/imported, it will get hidden from the GAL.

Ginger

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: