Views
Helpful
Replies

UC Multitenant Design

pratik.rb
Level 3
Level 3

Hi Pros,

I am trying to catch up on this relatively new business requirement by many of our customers:

Multi tenant Unified Communications.

Typical components are:

1) Callmanager

2) Unity

3) Cisco Fax Server

4) Operations Manager

1) CallManager

a) Directory segregation done by Cisco SDK

b) Dial plan partitioning using CM Partitions/CSS

c) Features like Call Pickup and Call Park can work in multitenant.

d) Features such as conferencing, use of FAC/CMC codes will have to be shared and cannot be multitenant

e) Billing (art) and administration (ccmadmin) cannot be made multitenant

2) Unity

a) VM profiles with different masks can be used to distinguish multitenants.

b) Individual AA can be configured for each tenant.

c) Unity cannot integrate with multiple Exchange domains

3) Cisco Fax Server

a) Fax server business SR140 license with exchange integration.

4) Operations Manager

My Questions:

1) Callmanager feature Extension mobility. How can I restrict tenant to login/logout only within their office?

2) How can we separate the Unity user lookup directory so that a particular tenant company user sees only his office people in the directory (both in exchange-as in unified msging and in VMO dial-by-name or even extension)

3) Cisco fax server. How do we restrict users to see only users from their company (with the tenancy users only)

4) Operations Manager. I guess this tool can be useful most importantly to master, but tenants may request some level of network management (for example: view status of their own phones)

5) Any other limitations or comments anyone can think of?

Regards,

Pratik

2 Replies 2

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

1) Callmanager feature Extension mobility. How can I restrict tenant to login/logout only within their office?

you cannot, any phone that has EM enabled + valid EM profile can log in

2) How can we separate the Unity user lookup directory so that a particular tenant company user sees only his office people in the directory (both in exchange-as in unified msging and in VMO dial-by-name or even extension)

you cannot, if you're looking for this and it's not going to be UM deployment use CUC 7.X. for some configs you can create a distribution list and uses it as search scope but the real capability to use the partition and css equivalent as CUCM is only available in CUC 7.X

i'm not that familiar with 3 and 4 so hopefully someone else can answer those.

as for the rest right now i cannot think of anything else the above points is not considering, probably if you tell us what else you definitely need to implement we can provide feedback on how to configure or limitations

also provide versions since new versions have new features you might use or need

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hi java,

thanks for the reply.

My versions are:

CCM 5.1.x

Unity 5.x

Cisco Fax Server BE 9.3