cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

frame relay over satellite

gold4ever2
Level 1
Level 1

have project consists from main office and nine remote sites will be connect through satellite links i am thinking to use Frame relay Hub ans spoke i will use Cisco routers, but i have problem , bcz i am using Satellite link; at the main office there will be one modem for transmit from the main office to remote site with big carrier(9 Mhz) and plus nine modems(1 Mhz) for the receiving from nine sites.

and in each remote site there will be only one modem but the problem how can i configure all 10 modems (1 transmit +9 receive )at the main office in the Cisco router in the main office

to do the frame relay network

i will use star topology that i mean in the HQ or the hub i will use one big carrier for all the nine sites in certain frequency (F1)

and the hub will receive from the nine remote sites at different frequencies (F2,f3,f4,f5,f6,f7,f8,f9,f10) to demodulate these carriers i need nine modems , these modems will connect to the router in the hub ; these modems use interface called smart serial. in the remote site i have only one modem this will be used for transmit and receive for certain freq. frequency (F1 for the receive and one of the these freqs. f2,f3,f4,f5,f6,f7,f8,f9,f10) for transmit

we are planing to use this network for data like oracle , mail and web traffic

as backup for terrestrial network

3 Replies 3

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi, the provider can take care of all frequencies, etc and you do not have to worry.

If you don't have much experience, ask the provider to give you modems with ethernet interface, and everything will be much easier.

thanks p.bevilacqua

really the modem will be with serial interface

i am think to use this config

interface Serial3/0

no ip address

encapsulation frame-relay

interface Serial3/0.1 point-to-point

vines metric 35

ip address 128.207.52.1 255.255.255.0

frame-relay interface-dlci 30 broadcast

interface Serial3/0.2 point-to-point

vines metric 35

ip address 128.207.53.1 255.255.255.0

frame-relay interface-dlci 31 broadcast

up to 9 sub. interface

That is fine, for God's sake I had not seen the word vines in a long, long time.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: