Views
Helpful
Replies

upgrade call manager from 4.2 to 6.1 with speed dial and personal address b

rachelau_2005
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I am trying to upgrade the call manager from 4.2.1 to 6.1.2 .. I am using DMA to migrate all the data.. however how can I migrate the data such as speed dial and personal fast dial?

Thanks

kind regards

Rachel

7 Replies 7

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

the information should be migrated automatically with DMA on that version

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

is should confirmed or should we test? Upgrading from 4.x to 7.x. I was looking for a list that of items that are changed from 4.x 7.x.

I know the fast dials, personal address book, or something changes, PINS, passwords, Corporate Directory, etc. changes.

Trying to find a list of how end users are affected.

Thanks java!

Well, On a recent upgrade I did from 4.2(3) to 7.0(1) I seemed to have lost all the previous personal directory & fast dial entries. It seemed to be connected with the change in the way the service is accessed, but I never got to the root cause, and if they were really lost.

yeah, this is an unknown to me as well. I cant recall if this is or is not exported. I know if re-arranges the these services, but cant recall if gets migrated.

Thanks!

DMA does not export this information:

•Custom Music on Hold (MOH) files-You must reapply these files after you upgrade to Cisco Unified Communications Manager 7.0(1).

•TFTP phone load files-You must reapply these files after you upgrade to Cisco Unified Communications Manager 7.0(1).

•Files on Cisco Unified Communications Manager subscriber servers-Subscriber servers obtain required information from the publisher server as part of the Cisco Unified Communications Manager upgrade process.

•CDR data-Data Migration Assistant does not migrate CDR data except the records in the CAR database. If you generate CDRs after you have run CDR loader in CAR, DMA does not migrate those CDRs. For information on configuring the CAR load schedule before you upgrade, see the Cisco Unified CallManager Serviceability Administration Guide for the version of Cisco CallManager running on your system.

•Bulk Administration Tool Templates-Data Migration Assistant does not export Bulk Administration Tool templates.

•Passwords and PINs-Data Migration Assistant does not migrate passwords and PINs for users.

FD and PAB are now located under directories option and no longer need to be created as a service, they're under a service called personal directory, corporate directory is also now a service, if you're going to have VM via TUI and visual VM now both are going to be services.

we really don't have a list explaining the experience of end users and how it changes between versions

EDIT: according to bug CSCso77371 they're migrated on versions shown there

The defect has been fixed by migrating the PAB and Fast dial entries.

HTH

java

HTH

java

In my case it wouldn't have been bug CSCso77371 as the system wasn't AD integrated before or after. After the upgrade the users still had the old IP service which of course didn't now work. But even using the directories based access, all the users had lost both FD & PAB lists. I ended up advising them to recreate them all, which certainly didn't get me any oscar.....

The DMA logs didn't show any errors. So a bit of a mystery for me really.

I have a new server, so I will do a test run of the DMA and see what I get. Worst case is that I BAT export the stuff and figure out how to BAT import to the new system for the PAB and Speed Dials.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: