CCNP Exams

Answered Question
Mar 1st, 2009

I would like to know what is the best order for taking the CCNP exams?

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Correct Answer by crow930us about 7 years 10 months ago

There is no one "right" way. the Cisco recommendation is to go BSCI, BCMSN, ISCW and ONT. Mostly because the first two lay the groundwork for the last two courses. If you feel more comfortable going a different route you are more than welcome to.

In my case the BSCI and BCMSN were the last two I completed. Mostly because the college which was offering the courses were offering those courses during that time frame.

I personally feel that if you get enough lab time to actually work on the equipment and the topics covered you can take the courses in any order you want.

The ultimate goal is to understand what the exam is testing for.

Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
Correct Answer
crow930us Sun, 03/01/2009 - 20:50

There is no one "right" way. the Cisco recommendation is to go BSCI, BCMSN, ISCW and ONT. Mostly because the first two lay the groundwork for the last two courses. If you feel more comfortable going a different route you are more than welcome to.

In my case the BSCI and BCMSN were the last two I completed. Mostly because the college which was offering the courses were offering those courses during that time frame.

I personally feel that if you get enough lab time to actually work on the equipment and the topics covered you can take the courses in any order you want.

The ultimate goal is to understand what the exam is testing for.

dirtipacket Wed, 03/04/2009 - 17:20

I would disagree. Using a 'prep' site like the one that is in the link is kinda considered wrong and not condoned. Memorizing questions and answers do not give you an advantage other than passing a test.

To answer the OP... any order is fine. I personally would recommend the standard line... routing, switching, ISCW and then ONT. Just keep it simple and study for each one. Good luck to you.

Actions

This Discussion