Views
Helpful
Replies

Chanelized one port E1/T1 Card configuration

pradeepadias
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I am having Cisco channelized E1/T1 card which have been configured properly. On my router I can seen 1-31 serial interfaces and have configured Interface 16(D Channel) and can dial out.

My requirement is this,

I have nearly 26 branch offices currently connected to head office and need to configure this PRI line as a backup link to if Leased Line goes down.

Question is how to configure E1/T1 channelized card to enable all the branch offices to dial in.

I have done this using single ISDN BRI Interfaces but this is the first time for Channelized E1/T1 card.

Appreciate all your help and effort.

1 Reply 1

mike-greene
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

I'm not sure if you found a resolution to this or not. What I've done in the past is use legacy DDR for my PRI backups using floating static routes. The reason for the floating statics was because my my primary and backup WAN connections were on different routers running EIGRP. If there on the same router I believe there is a "backup interface" command you can use that works just as good. I put all the PRI links into a single subnet, in your case a /27 or a /26 subnet for growth. In either case, I would let the remote side determine that the primary link is down and initiate the dial-up connection to the head. You can also limit the number of channels the remote side can use (configured on the remote side) as well which saved the company I was at quite a few dollars when our Singapore or Shanghai sites primary connection was down for more then an hour or two.

Hope that helps.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: